What's new

Experienced Composer (over 800+ projects done)

Zioma

Hello everyone,

My name is Iliya Ryakhovskiy and I am a full time music composer. Throughout the years I have completed 100's of compositions with over 800+ music related orders for clients from different countries around the world.

If you are interested, come check out my website. There you can listen to what I have completed so far and I also have a page of free tracks that you can use (more added weekly).

ALL of my work provides:
- Unique and uncopyrighted music used nowhere else.
- A 'WORK FOR HIRE' document where I sign off all the rights to you or your company.
- Every track is mixed and mastered through analogue gear.
- Unlimited revisions to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://www.ziomamusic.com (www.ziomamusic.com)

Thank you.

Robo means, that nobody has ever heard of you. And you're on the wrong site if you expect work here. It doesn't work like that. The people here are composers, not film/tv directors.

Out of curiosity, your portfolio song "The Lost Labyrinth 1" seems to be the same song that your free song "Celtic Piece" is. Is there any reason for that or is it a mistake?

Out of curiosity, your portfolio song "The Lost Labyrinth 1" seems to be the same song that your free song "Celtic Piece" is. Is there any reason for that or is it a mistake?

They are the same piece. The one who ordered the music for the game didnt want 'All Rights' so I own the music.

Hey mate,

I see you are getting a bit of stick here so let me try to help you out a bit from any experience I have had with all this over the (granted) few years I have done this professionally.

Firstly 'cold calling' on forums very rarely works and the vast majority of directors and producers will never check them and don't look for composers, they tend to have people in mind already. You would be better served building an audience of people who respect your music and people will start coming to you a bit more.

Second don't offer to give away all your rights as an up front option. That is YOUR creation, you should always fight to keep it and only give it up if something agreeably compensates for both the financial and artistic loss to you.

Next most people other than other composers don't really have any interest in the equipment, unless you have Han's Phalanx of synths. Other than that they only care if its good or not.

Offering unlimited revisions may sound like a solid marketing idea but once you get into the professional word you will regret it. People do often like to try to take advantage of someone who OFFERS these things without additional compensation.

Most heads of projects tend not to even listen to your music that much and almost certainly don't care about the quantity of work you have produced. Most want to know WHAT you have worked on, was it a significant project, were you an important person on the project, did you deliver on time with high quality and praise. And I really recommend rethinking the review page you have on your site because having quotes from someone simply named 'Jacob' means nothing as no one knows who that is and it actually makes them look fake, which in turn makes you look potentially dishonest (I am certainly not claiming or insinuating you are just thats the impression you might accidentally give).

Lastly pitching music services to other composers is very rarely going to offer up much in terms of work for you as that is what they do too. You may find work helping another composer out but for that you need to have either amazing music or at least a good friendship. For this you need to actually care about the fields you want to work in. If you want to score movies, you should love movies. And if you love movies why not go to forums where directors and producers talk about film. But don't just go there and plug your music, thats what every noob since forums were invented have been doing (including me) and it the most amateur appearing type of post. What you should do instead is go there and actually have some fun talking about movies and how they are made with directors and producers....you have a unique angle as you can bring the knowledge of the music world to the conversation. Over time you will figure out the people you get on with and those you don't and you will find that over time you start to want to work together more. And when you are actual friends the work is considerably more enjoyable.

So long story short, don't let the slight negativity of this thread get to you at all. We have all done this kind of post in our careers. But trust me the sooner you start embracing the industry instead of trying to force your way into it the more successful and happier you will be once you get in.

Hope that helps :)

-DJ

Last edited:
Hey mate,

I see you are getting a bit of stick here so let me try to help you out a bit from any experience I have had with all this over the (granted) few years I have done this professionally.

Firstly 'cold calling' on forums very rarely works and the vast majority of directors and producers will never check don't look for composers they tend to have people in mind already. You would be better served building an audience of people who respect your music and people will start coming to you a bit more.

Second don't offer to give away all your rights as an up front option. That is YOUR creation, you should always fight to keep it and only give it up if something agreeably compensates for both the financial and artistic loss to you.

Next most people other that other composers don't really have any interest in the equipment, unless you have Han's Phalanx of synths. Other than that they only care if its good or not.

Offering unlimited revisions may sound like a solid marketing idea but once you get into the professional word you will regret it. People do often like to try to take advantage of someone who OFFERS these things without additional compensation.

Most heads of projects tend not to even listen to your music that much and almost certainly don't care about the quantity of work you have produced. Most want to know WHAT you have worked on, was it a significant project, were you an important person on the project, did you deliver on time with high quality and praise. And I really recommend rethinking the review page you have on your site because having quotes from someone simply named 'Jacob' means nothing as no one knows who that is and it actually makes them look fake, which in turn makes you look potentially dishonest (I am certainly not claiming or insinuating you are just thats the impression you might accidentally give).

Lastly pitching music services to other composers is very rarely going to offer up much in terms of work for you as that is what they do to. You may find work helping another composer out but for that you need to have either amazing music or at least a good friendship. For this you need to actually care about the fields you want to work in. If you want to score movies, you should love movies. And if you love movies why not go to forums where directors and producers talk about film. But don't just go there and plug your music, thats what every noob since forums were invented have been doing (including me) and it the most amateur appearing type of post. What you should do instead is go there and actually have some fun talking about movies and how they are made with directors and producers....you have a unique angle as you can bring the knowledge of the music world to the conversation. Over time you will figure out the people you get on with and those you don't and you will find that over time you start to want to work together more. And when you are actual friends the work is considerably more enjoyable.

So long story short, don't let the slight negativity of this thread get to you at all. We have all done this kind of post in our careers. But trust me the sooner you start embracing the industry instead of trying to force your way into it the more successful and happier you will be once you get in.

-DJ
He right

Hey mate,

Firstly 'cold calling' on forums very rarely works and the vast majority of directors and producers will never check don't look for composers they tend to have people in mind already. You would be better served building an audience of people who respect your music and people will start coming to you a bit more.

Next most people other that other composers don't really have any interest in the equipment, unless you have Han's Phalanx of synths. Other than that they only care if its good or not.

Lastly pitching music services to other composers is very rarely going to offer up much in terms of work for you as that is what they do to. You may find work helping another composer out but for that you need to have either amazing music or at least a good friendship. For this you need to actually care about the fields you want to work in. If you want to score movies, you should love movies. And if you love movies why not go to forums where directors and producers talk about film. But don't just go there and plug your music, thats what every noob since forums were invented have been doing (including me) and it the most amateur appearing type of post. What you should do instead is go there and actually have some fun talking about movies and how they are made with directors and producers....you have a unique angle as you can bring the knowledge of the music world to the conversation. Over time you will figure out the people you get on with and those you don't and you will find that over time you start to want to work together more. And when you are actual friends the work is considerably more enjoyable.

-DJ

Great post! With no negativity at all which is good. I guess what might some people confuse is probably his introduction. So I appreciate the post. Hopefully he can learn from your post and embrace some of your points.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Daniel.

Most of the things that you pointed out I already have been through. I am already on other forums starting conversations and discussions and also social media sites such as linkedin making connections with directors, film and game makers. Unlimited revisions does get ugly sometimes but I have got more success getting into projects when the client knows that his/her piece will be worked on until they are happy. Most people do around 1-5 revisions, very rarely it goes 10+.

I know I am new here and will be criticized by other composers, but the reason why I posted here is because some directors/developers use music forums to find composers and not just their own forums.

Hey mate,

Firstly 'cold calling' on forums very rarely works and the vast majority of directors and producers will never check them and don't look for composers, they tend to have people in mind already. You would be better served building an audience of people who respect your music and people will start coming to you a bit more.

Next most people other than other composers don't really have any interest in the equipment, unless you have Han's Phalanx of synths. Other than that they only care if its good or not.

Lastly pitching music services to other composers is very rarely going to offer up much in terms of work for you as that is what they do too. You may find work helping another composer out but for that you need to have either amazing music or at least a good friendship. For this you need to actually care about the fields you want to work in. If you want to score movies, you should love movies. And if you love movies why not go to forums where directors and producers talk about film. But don't just go there and plug your music, thats what every noob since forums were invented have been doing (including me) and it the most amateur appearing type of post. What you should do instead is go there and actually have some fun talking about movies and how they are made with directors and producers....you have a unique angle as you can bring the knowledge of the music world to the conversation. Over time you will figure out the people you get on with and those you don't and you will find that over time you start to want to work together more. And when you are actual friends the work is considerably more enjoyable.

-DJ
Dude, great post!

Hey mate,

-DJ
Thats spot on!! this applies to so many things in life to be honest. awesome read!

Great and kind post, Daniel!
I'm not one to gush over really anyone on the planet - but there is definitely something incredibly satisfying to see the few people who opened with negativaty about being a "no one" only to have hans zimmer drop into the thread.

glad my optimistic point of view was shared by two people who have a lot more success than the rest of us here. (ofcourse HZ's success is the understatement of the year).

Thanks for the reply Daniel.

Most of the things that you pointed out I already have been through. I am already on other forums starting conversations and discussions and also social media sites such as linkedin making connections with directors, film and game makers. Unlimited revisions does get ugly sometimes but I have got more success getting into projects when the client knows that his/her piece will be worked on until they are happy. Most people do around 1-5 revisions, very rarely it goes 10+.

I know I am new here and will be criticized by other composers, but the reason why I posted here is because some directors/developers use music forums to find composers and not just their own forums.
I support your post. You are sincere and you take care of your business! Don't let you down cuz of some envious people. You know the word "envy"? Or "superiority complex"? It traduces "insecurity" and "fear". Go your path in peace and don't forget to learn from people that show and offer you other views of your self. Great post from Daniel in a very respectful way!

edit: saying that, doesn't mean I agree with your business strategies that I find not so coherent to your self as an artist, cuz giving all the rights is not my way, but I can respect that.

Peace,
Jorge

Last edited:
Hey mate,

-DJ
Great advice and incredible nuance of delivering constructive criticism. Well said.

Top Bottom