What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

Just a heads up, in the new version (just released?) there is now an articulation manager similar to the one in BBCSO. We can now add or remove articulations.

I've just gone into the SA app, which required updating, and now my EQC ain't working properly.

I've raised a ticket...

I've just gone into the SA app, which required updating, and now my EQC ain't working properly.

I've raised a ticket...
I had the same problem today. EWC did not work after the update of the SA app. I tried to repair it several times without success. The relocation function worked for me and EWC now works again. I have the samples located on an external drive and now relocated the two file Eric Whitacre Choir and Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid to the same external folder and now it works for me.

Last edited:
Hi Sven :)

I had the same problem today. EWQ did not work after the update of the SA app. I tried to repair it several times without success. The relocation function worked for me and EWQ now works again. I have the samples located on an external drive and now relocated the two file Eric Whitacre Choir and Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid to the same external folder and now it works for me.

Interesting, thanks.

I have my samples and presets on a second data drive in my workstation. I have tried it in a number of locations on that drive (a sub-folder and the root of that drive) and it doesn't help. That drive is a Samsung 860 QVO SSD, which would not have been my first choice.

No amount of relocating and repairing has fixed the issue. And that issue is that I can fix the Eric Whitacre Choir VST3i so that it loads and works okay, as best as I can tell, but the Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid VST3i shows the "ERROR #1" message.

I can go to the SA app and try to fix the Evo Grid software and when I go back into my DAW, Evo Grid now works, but the main Choir VST3i is now showing "ERROR #1"

I also have a "better" Samsung 850 Pro but I need to do some shifting around of data because there isn't enough room to simply move my complete 255GB sample collection to that drive. And moving around that amount of data is quite time consuming and fraught with potential problems (data loss).

I have a couple of external drives but I don't think that there is enough space on them either, and it would only be as a test. I really don't like the idea of any stuff being stored on an external drive especially when they are HDD and not SSD.

I'm going to do a video showing the problem, but first I need to perhaps try using an external drive, just to test.

cheers, and thanks for your reply,

andy

@Spitfire Team @SpitfireSupport

Hi Sven :)

Interesting, thanks.

I have my samples and presets on a second data drive in my workstation. I have tried it in a number of locations on that drive (a sub-folder and the root of that drive) and it doesn't help. That drive is a Samsung 860 QVO SSD, which would not have been my first choice.

No amount of relocating and repairing has fixed the issue. And that issue is that I can fix the Eric Whitacre Choir VST3i so that it loads and works okay, as best as I can tell, but the Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid VST3i shows the "ERROR #1" message.

I can go to the SA app and try to fix the Evo Grid software and when I go back into my DAW, Evo Grid now works, but the main Choir VST3i is now showing "ERROR #1"

I also have a "better" Samsung 850 Pro but I need to do some shifting around of data because there isn't enough room to simply move my complete 255GB sample collection to that drive. And moving around that amount of data is quite time consuming and fraught with potential problems (data loss).

I have a couple of external drives but I don't think that there is enough space on them either, and it would only be as a test. I really don't like the idea of any stuff being stored on an external drive especially when they are HDD and not SSD.

I'm going to do a video showing the problem, but first I need to perhaps try using an external drive, just to test.

cheers, and thanks for your reply,

andy

@Spitfire Team @SpitfireSupport

Have you tried the "optimize" function as well, then try the "location" function again? I replicated what I did and put the files back to my original folder (error appeared again). I then optimized the files and then used the "location" function to relocate EW Choir and the EW Evo Grid (and the problem disappeared again). It worked for me but it looks something has changed during SA App update. I only had the problem with EWC all other SA libraries worked fine after the update.

Hi Sven,

Have you tried the "optimize" function as well, then try the "location" function again? I replicated what I did and put the files back to my original folder (error appeared again). I then optimized the files and then used the "location" function to relocate EW Choir and the EW Evo Grid (and the problem disappeared again). It worked for me but it looks something has changed during SA App update. I only had the problem with EWC all other SA libraries worked fine after the update.

Yes, tried all that stuff.

It is really weird how I can repair one application which then breaks the other, and on and on, any number of times. The two simply can't co-exist on my computer at the moment.

I realised that I don't need to copy any library files over to an external drive because I have already done that as a backup, so I just need to tell the Spitfire Audio application to find stuff on the backup drive instead.

As I become more senior in years my senior moments become more apparent. A bit depressing in a way as I have always been reasonably "computer savvy."

Okay... Off to do that relocating/fixing/repairing again...

I'll be back :)

Hmmm... Interesting.

Pointing Spitfire Audio to my external backup drive certainly fixed my EWC issue. I'm not happy, though, running a library off an external drive. But perhaps that thinking needs to be addressed in the long term. I suppose I could invest in a new SSD just for my Spitfire audio stuff... half a terabyte would suffice.

I am now shifting data around so that I can at least put my SA libraries on to an internal SSD to see if that works.

cheers, and thanks again, @SvenE for the suggestion.

andy :)

Hi again @SvenE :)

I have just finished moving my entire Spitfire Audio library from my D: drive (Samsung 860 QVO SSD) to my F: drive (Samsung 850 Pro). And I followed that up with doing the locate thing in the Spitfire Audio application for all the SA player libraries.

I am happy to report that I now have both EWC and the EWC Evo Grid versions of the player working in REAPER.

What I am a little bit nervous about now is, why?

Is my QVO "on the way out?"

Or is there an issue with the use of the drive letter, perhaps?

To me it doesn't make sense at all as to why the above was happening and only because it was on a particular drive. It would still be good if @SpitfireSupport could have a look into this.

cheers, and thanks again for your advice and help.

andy

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear that EWC is now working for you again. I would also love to hear what SA has to say. It is strange that we had this problem after the update of the player and that the library is now only working from an external drive.

Sven

Same issue here with EW Choir and BT Phobos on an external drive. Tried relocating the folder, repairing, etc. Still an issue. Was ok with v3.1.8 of the Manager app. After updating to v3.2.1 of the Manager app, EW Choir indicated an error. After updating to v3.2.2 and then v3.2.3 of the Manager app, both EW Choir and BT Phobos now indicate an error. And BCC SO wants to optimize over and over and over.... Waiting on SF support fo follow-up.

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear that EWC is now working for you again. I would also love to hear what SA has to say. It is strange that we had this problem after the update of the player and that the library is now only working from an external drive.

Sven

Thanks, Sven,

I should have explained that my F: drive is another internal drive, so connected directly to the motherboard.

I'm not sure why it works on a different internal drive.

Like you say, it would be good to hear what @SpitfireSupport has to say.

I have two open tickets and they haven't received any love at all for the last 24 ~ 48 hours. I can only assume that they are treating other things (BBCSO Discovery, perhaps) as higher priority.

Waiting on SF support fo follow-up

Did you raise a ticket on the Spitfire Audio zendesk support page?

Hi.
I've purchased the library this week-end and I like it so far. But I've noticed that the volume of all the legato articulations is very low compared to the other ones. Is it normal?

01 - Spitfire Audio - Alev Lenz 3 - I Know You Will
02 - Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Tutti - All In One - Dynamic Swell OOH
03 - Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Evo Grid - Bass - Dynamic Movements

04 - Spitfire Audio - Albion - NEO - Brunel Loops - Suspended in Space

01 - Spitfire Audio - Alev Lenz 3 - I Know You Will
02 - Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Tutti - All In One - Dynamic Swell OOH
03 - Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Evo Grid - Bass - Dynamic Movements

04 - Spitfire Audio - Albion - NEO - Brunel Loops - Suspended in Space

Trippy! And yet with a lovely and striking acoustic quality.

Well, I'm glad I checked in today and visited THIS forum!
What an exciting choir. Love the personality and emotion... different from the typical religious mumbo jumbo and typical stuff cluttering my drives. This was an instant buy for me after listening to/watching the stuff on SA's site. Just got my download notification and had to download a NEW version on SA's downloader for it to appear...

While I have acquired a ridiculous (and, in retrospect, foolish) amount of traditional orchestrals over the years I find myself gravitating to the Olafur's, Swarm, & Heavyocity's Forzo/Novo & OT's Time Macro & ARKs these days, being primarily a songwriter. It is a glorious moment to be a singer songwriter!

I'll be up all night at this rate but it's a great reason to pull an all nighter! Very excited.
I couldn't agree more!

I'm beginning to think this just isn't the choir library for me at all. I submitted an orchestral track for feedback just before and someone pointed out that everything sounded good except for the choir part at the end which just sounded sterile. That is how I hear it to, something about it just doesn't sound natural to me. Damn.

Top Bottom