What's new

Epic Percussion?

Need some epic percussion libraries. The ones I am looking for are Action Strikes and Strikeforce. Are they any good? Other recommendations? Thanks!

Hi, i have both and they are both really good. I do use Action Strikes the most but that's cos i am lazy lol. You can't go wrong with either of them.
Hans Zimmer Percussion is apparently really good but i haven't got them so i can't say :)

Epic's a pretty broad term... Are you looking for taikos? Organic percussion ensembles? Hybrid? Huge trailerized hits? There's a really wide range and you're going to get a wide range of answers... You'll get the most mileage by being specific about what you're after.

As mentioned what’s it for ? Strikeforce is great for faster stuff but can get a little thin in a trailer mix. Nothing has a low end end like HZ perc but it can be difficult to control. For straight up trailer hits the Keepforest libs are great. Damage is still worth it as is Master Session’s both very dry but punchy. For traditional stuff there’s great perc in Met 3 and 4 and the OT perc lib. It’s very much depends on the usage...

I have been using Spitfire Audio's Cinematic Percussion. I really like the sound and it's only $29 which is pretty reasonable. Definitely a good starting point.
Yes, I can easily recommend Cinematic Percussion as well, especially since it has such a great price. I also use Stormdrum 2 + 3, those are two of my favorite percussion libraries.

Epic's a pretty broad term... Are you looking for taikos? Organic percussion ensembles? Hybrid? Huge trailerized hits? There's a really wide range and you're going to get a wide range of answers... You'll get the most mileage by being specific about what you're after.
I mean like those cliche trailer tracks percussion. So like taikos, trailer hits, and preferably some high hits that can do fast stuff

Need some epic percussion libraries. The ones I am looking for are Action Strikes and Strikeforce. Are they any good? Other recommendations? Thanks!

Go to youtube, search for war demonstrations.
Sample explosions and apply post processing.

Okay on a more serious note.

There is also a lot of free orchestral and taiko drum samples online. I found quite a few on reddit, because people go in and record instruments they have to hand at their local music groups. Drums are the easiest sample libraries to create, because its mostly one shots.

I tried the Hans Drum, but its a bit meh. There's nothing it can do, that you can't already do with free online samples, or home made ones. There is at least over 1000 samples of different drums and percussives online for free at a good studio level quality. Cymatics also constantly give out free percussives as well, they have some nice foley in there.

Most percussive libraries are really not worth the purchase, unless it offers something really unique.

8Dio actually kills it in this department!

APE from Soundiron is also a go-to for me.

Also, check out the stuff from PulseSetter Sounds if you need hybrid perc!

Oh, and if course there's Damage, which is still at the top of it's game for sheer brutality!

Lots of good ones mentioned here, also check out Project Sam’s Pandora. I have the Core version. It doesn’t have a ton of stuff but what it does have is really great because you can set crescendos to hit on the downbeat. This saves a ton of time from trying to line stuff up...it’s pretty awesome in practice.

ProjectSAM also offer this for free, which includes some perc.

Splash sound has an Epic percussion library on sale for $19 at the moment

Barrage is also worth a mention. I got it very cheap at a sale and I was surprised, it has the 'bigger' hits that Saga and Splash Sound's Epic Percussion are lacking (Saga and Epic Percussion focus more on realistic, acoustic sounds, not so much processed, and for that they are definitely good and worth considering).

Top Bottom