What's new

Epic Orchestral/Cinematic Drums & Percussion Elements

Transients

Can we try put together a list of all percussive elements/instruments needed for this kind of music? I am trying to set up a percussion template, which can get me started layering elements instantly without having to go thru the kontakt libraries each time. For the most part ive just banged away on the first and best library. But it would be nice to breakdown this section and look at what elements and percussive instruments needed to create that huge epic and percussive sound.

Would be really nice to have. However, I feel like this is something that isn't as standardized as Orchestral Percussion say, which is a bit more predictable. There are certainly instruments that are very commonly used, like Taikos, Surdos, etc. But then there are also things like 'Metals' which are harder to define. I use a lot of Heavyocity Damage Metals, and a lot of those are assorted household objects, manipulated to sound big and epic. I wouldn't think of a Frame Drum as an 'epic' instrument, but certainly 8DIO thinks otherwise (awesome library by the way!). I'd be curious as well, to see if someone can create a list like this as well.

Top Bottom