What's new

Epic Fantasy (Shire?) Music

Christopher Rocky

My latest release track, continuing my fantasy themes for my album.

I hope you all enjoy!
The animations took me longer than making the song probably, but i wanted to test myself with creating things in after effects. Extremely tedious if you have no idea what your doing :emoji_sweat_smile:

I'm happy to share any of the techniques/VI i used if your interested.

Main strings are Spitfire: symphonic, chamber, albion one, solo strings, but theres plenty of VIs in there

EDIT: I thought I'd add this here too, its just the ending to the track i posted, I realize 8 minutes is too long to get to the second movement, for some who don't want to go on a long quest to get there :emoji_grin:

enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice work! Strong melodies and a delicate arrangement - with the nice visualisation it reminds me a little bit of this guy, MOMA and his new one M Benoit. Everyone start working with picture these days I guess.

Good work!

Spices

Nice work! Strong melodies and a delicate arrangement - with the nice visualisation it reminds me a little bit of this guy, MOMA and his new one M Benoit. Everyone start working with picture these days I guess.

Good work!

Spices
Thank you for your kind words and listening!

I have to check out moma, never heard of him. Iyes most people use animations now, I thought it handy to learn myself too, not my field obviously but handy to learn a few things. I prefer real footage like some of my other clips. I think its actually better if you can use your own or royalty free clips.

A very wonderful piece! I particularly enjoyed all of the lush harmonies you employed in your intro. I very much liked the addition of the percussion at around 1:30. Overall, very fine work! The animation is also an effective addition to this piece - I would be curious to learn how you achieved that animation.

A very wonderful piece! I particularly enjoyed all of the lush harmonies you employed in your intro. I very much liked the addition of the percussion at around 1:30. Overall, very fine work! The animation is also an effective addition to this piece - I would be curious to learn how you achieved that animation.
Thank you Ethan!
I started by having the 2d still image first, I contacted the artist and asked for permission to use his artwork, import the image into adobe after effects.

Then I thought about what I wanted to achieve in animation. for eg. Sunrays, Dust Particles, Moving Fog/Clouds, Lightning, Rain. camera movements... basically any animation from that clip (and the logos)
Then I searched youtube and blog posts for tutorials, all the info is out there if you search.

I'm not sure if i would recommend learning it, it would cost a lot to get this made from someone else for sure. you just have to weigh up if its worth your time. It took me about 4 days to make the video from start to finish but I already had some minimal experience in after effects. most of the animation techniques was new to me. you can see my last video the 'tavern' song, the animations are not as present as this one.

updated with a video of the piano ending if some missed it, I'd appreciate anyone for a listen or comment, thank you friends!

Top Bottom