What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

Not sure why the radio silence on this forum, but the lights do seem to be on at Embertone. I had a quick response to a mountain dulcimer support question just the other day. If they say they are working on it I assume that’s what’s happening.

Not sure why the radio silence on this forum, but the lights do seem to be on at Embertone. I had a quick response to a mountain dulcimer support question just the other day. If they say they are working on it I assume that’s what’s happening.
Probably, our worries and doubts are related for their words from may 2018, all other is nothing but pure love for their piano :)

Could we simply set cc64 to automate the release in order to get half-pedalling?

With only the sus samples, maybe it'd sound convincing?

Also, I assume that the staccato samples are not for the Una Corda, right?

So if I'm playing Una Corda, and trigger some staccato, they'll be non Una Corda?

I definitely wouldn't expect una-corda staccato, just wondering.

Keep in mind the piano isn't the only thing they are working on as well. I'm assuming they are already well into the recording and editing of the new cello which is likely taking a good amount of time as well. You can't just pause projects you have on the schedule which unfortunately means that this update is taking longer the more hitches they find with it.

Hey all, Alex here.

We are very sorry for the radio silence. And for the delays. Rather than offer any lame excuses, I'll just assure you that updating the piano is a top priority for us. Things got messy is all I'll say :).

We do now have beta patches available for any *current owners** wanting a sneak peak at the half pedaling feature. Thanks!

Alex

Hey all, Alex here.

We are very sorry for the radio silence. And for the delays. Rather than offer any lame excuses, I'll just assure you that updating the piano is a top priority for us. Things got messy is all I'll say :).

We do now have beta patches available for any *current owners** wanting a sneak peak at the half pedaling feature. Thanks!

Alex

Alex,
As a *current owner*, I had also requested the 'sneak peak' half-pedaling feature beta patch some 75 days ago, via Embertone Support Ticket #7015 - New Purchase Invoice #0000107644: Looking for 1/2 pedaling / re-pedaling patch. I actually just sent a reply note to this same support ticket request last evening. How does one receive this patch?

Many Thanks, Jason

I also wanted to ask about the stereo-spread (can't find this anywhere).

Is 100% spread simply Mic-A 100% left and Mic-B 100% right?

Or is there some algorithm going on? I prefer to start with mics hard-panned, but no 'stereo' processing. Is that 50% (default) spread?

Hello Alex,

New owner here, requesting this sneak peek at the half pedaling feature! How should I get by it, ask here or at Embertone's support?

Thank you for your support,

Elias

Great recording! Thanks for sharing.

And yes I agree if they can get the issues sorted (note cut offs) and new features finished it will become the go-to piano for many, I'm sure. :)

I thought it was something I was doing wrong.

I have the pedaling cutoff as well (Lite version), and I’m surprised we haven’t gotten Embertone feedback on it. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a knotty problem they have yet to figure out. Not good.

In case if anybody's interested in a first impression type of recording, here's one that I recorded a while ago. (Not the new Beta version). Once they iron out the issues, it should be considered one of the top piano libraries for sure.

Which keyboard controller is that?

In case if anybody's interested in a first impression type of recording, here's one that I recorded a while ago. (Not the new Beta version). Once they iron out the issues, it should be considered one of the top piano libraries for sure.

I have been hesitant to upgrade to the full version because I’m not in love with the sound of lite. I saw this is the main mics. Should I be getting close to this sound with the lite?

I have been hesitant to upgrade to the full version because I’m not in love with the sound of lite. I saw this is the main mics. Should I be getting close to this sound with the lite?

I've never tried the lite version so i'm not sure what the tonal difference between the two is. In this video I'm only using the default out of the box setting I think. I didn't record more videos with contrasting settings because of the drop outs.

Minus pedal and drop out issues, I thought it was a very nice and convincing piano. It's a pretty versatile instrument for sure.

I heard from Embertone support that the beta version can be requested via their support email address. Anyone tried it? (haven’t bought it yet)

Yes it is true. I heard from both Alex Davis and Nick Cameron from Embertone Technical Support; they provided me a v1.1 BETA patch that is definitely an improvement from my initial assessment - I've been evaluating it for the past hour or so. Here was the direct message from their tech team:
"Hello! You are receiving this message because you requested the BETA patch for the Walker 1955 Concert D. We apologize for the wait! We just shared two zip files with you... those are the instruments with the half pedaling feature completed! This version is almost a full 1.1 update. However, in the coming weeks the following features will be added: (1) a new sustain resonance sample set will be added! (2) a minor graphical glitch will be fixed (3) full NKS re-integration. New presets to match all the new features of the 1.1 update."

Top Bottom