What's new

Embedding Soundcloud-tracks on this forum

I can't post my track from soundcloud, I get the message it is spam?? It figures two gladiators fighting, bare legs and bodies, is that the problem?

Hi Hans, new members need to engage a bit with other members before they can post and link, url. Sorry, this is due to spammers, so we had to implement this measure. Try again after a few posts and let us know how you do.

Hope this helps!

Andre

Also works here and those where lovely 35 seconds spend listening. Tastes for more!

Thanks Mike and Jaap. I guess there's no more issue with those embedded publications : I hadn't seen this thread was quite old.

Thanks for your appreciation ! There's some more about that TV show Cinekino on my website.

Michel

Thanks Mike and Jaap. I guess there's no more issue with those embedded publications : I hadn't seen this thread was quite old.

Thanks for your appreciation ! There's some more about that TV show Cinekino on my website.

Michel

Great work!

Is there an update on all of this with the new update of VI? I want to embed my Soundcloud tracks here, but I have to say it's all a little confusing!

Is there an update on all of this with the new update of VI? I want to embed my Soundcloud tracks here, but I have to say it's all a little confusing!

On the toolbar of the text editor, look for the smilies. On the right of that there are three dots and a dropdown arrow (If you hover over it it will show "Insert." Click the arrow and select MEDIA.

a733d9bc7100b35bfca0916e18a95424.png

Paste your Soundcloud URL in Media URL box that will open, and then click on "Continue." Et voila!

I wondered if I could be so bold to suggest this thread could do with some TLC. Perhaps it could be retired (unstickied) and replaced with a clear and concise new sticky post showing how it is done today in 2020?

Perhaps it could also explain for newbies the policy regarding needing so many (is it 10?) posts before you can post Soundcloud links?

I think there is only relevant stuff from the final few posts in this thread and the rest is just confusing for newcomers.

Cheers for all the hard work on creating a great forum to hang out in. 🍻

I wondered if I could be so bold to suggest this thread could do with some TLC. Perhaps it could be retired (unstickied) and replaced with a clear and concise new sticky post showing how it is done today in 2020?

Perhaps it could also explain for newbies the policy regarding needing so many (is it 10?) posts before you can post Soundcloud links?

I think there is only relevant stuff from the final few posts in this thread and the rest is just confusing for newcomers.

Cheers for all the hard work on creating a great forum to hang out in. 🍻

Hi, are you having an issue posting a SoundCloud link?

Newbies need a minimum of three (3) posts, not ten (10), for the reason explained here: "Hi Hans, new members need to engage a bit with other members before they can post and link, url. Sorry, this is due to spammers, so we had to implement this measure. Try again after a few posts and let us know how you do."

That applies to any URL a newly registered member would want to include in their post, signature or private messages. Spammers could flood the forum with URLs otherwise, and it started happening a few years back. This has eliminated that threat.

Hope this help?

Andre

Hi, are you having an issue posting a SoundCloud link?

Newbies need a minimum of three (3) posts, not ten (10), for the reason explained here: "Hi Hans, new members need to engage a bit with other members before they can post and link, url. Sorry, this is due to spammers, so we had to implement this measure. Try again after a few posts and let us know how you do."

That applies to any URL a newly registered member would want to include in their post, signature or private messages. Spammers could flood the forum with URLs otherwise, and it started happening a few years back. This has eliminated that threat.

Hope this help?

Andre
Hello,

No, I think you misunderstand me. I have no issue posting a link. I was merely suggesting this thread has very old and outdated information in the first two pages and could be confusing if you are new here. I just think this could be improved with a brand new sticky thread that has all the relevant and up-to-date info.

Kind regards,
Darren

Hi Darren,

Ah. Sorry I misunderstood. I will suggest this to Mike. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

Regards,

Andre

Top Bottom