What's new

E.T. Mockup

SeanJackson

I've been re-engineering libraries to be more V-Wind/AV agile or playable AND to use Dorico w/ as good an out-of-box sound as I can get... to be DAW-Dorico ambidextrous. This mock-up is without touching velocities or dynamic markings. It's just a raw XML import.

I'd appreciate any other ears on this in case I'm forgetting something. What problems do you notice?

-S

REMOVED AUDIO

Last edited:
I think it sound very good for just a raw xml export. I think one issue for me was that the note releases were too abrupt in many cases. Although, seeing as there’s no CC movement yet that is to be expected. Great work though. You’ve obviously put a lot of effort in.

When you say you rebuilt Spitfire what library or libraries are you referring to? (I thought at first that you’d restructured the company! :laugh: )

The performance itself is good! My biggest problem, is that sonically it's not really a step up from something like noteperformer, or some other notation program soundsets.
The instruments sound like soloists recorded in isolation booths or anechoic chambers.
The good news, however, is that once you work out how to set up your plugins and routing to better emulate room/space and reverbs, it should be a powerful and time-saving template capable of rivaling many DAW-only mockups!

Top Bottom