What's new

Do you use any Melda Production Plugins ?

Those that ignore Melda because of the interfaces simply don't deserve Melda.
It's brought up here a lot -Personally I hope they never change a thing. It looks good to me. There is no misleading bullshit, just direct controls with great explanations using the tooltips.
Their MMixingFXBundle+5 or so other plugins was one of my first audio plugin purchases ever and I consider it like quite literally striking gold on the first swing with that one.

Melda really just needs to incorporate a plugin host like BlueCat Patchwork into their plugin environment and they'd be hard to beat, all their plugins are pretty well essentially loaded in the Melda host anyways.
Another thing to mention: I've always got personal responses from Voj anytime I bring anything up over on their KVR subforum. Not many other companies talk in depth and transparently about development with customers like he does.
Lastly, the CPU usage is incredible on most plugins(Spectral tools like MMorph are the exception). I can't explain it fully but from what I have remembered, all Melda plugins share the same core kernel of some sort so they don't need to reload that per every instance. The CPU usage drop when I upgraded recently from V11(or 12) was quite nice.

I prefer it without the skeuomorphic nonsense.
I'm very glad they allow it to be turned off. I guess for those that mix with their eyes it's nice.

By the way, for what it's worth. I should mention that I've probably spent more on Melda stuff individually than I would've if I just outright bought the MComplete bundle. Once/year they have the 50% off their bundles sale. I think it just happened recently though in the last few months so it'll be another year of waiting for that.

Last edited:
Nice to see Melda getting some love here.

If you have patience, you can pick off their plugins at 70% off from when they go on sale and then build to a very affordable bundle upgrade cost because what you own brings the bundle cost down.

Here's a fun interview with the developer. It sounds like there is a sweet piano in the works.

I've attached a screenshot, where a f-minor chord resonance is created with 3 filter bands.

Things to know:

- clicking on frequency opens a keyboard. Here you can choose your exact note. (or not an exact one...)

- By enabling "Harmonics" the respective harmonics will be also boosted by the Gain.
Leave "semitone" as it is for harmonic harmonics. (Or don't for stretched harmonics)
Usually don't overdo the "maximal count". With 4 you have the base frequency plus two octaves (2,4) and the 3partial (the 8+fifth)

- usually you will need quite a high Q value in order to get really clear pitches. MEqualizer.png
Thank you for the great guidance. This first attempt may not be that great, but it was a bit rushed and it was a first try! This is from my own recording (included), and both that recording and the processed version in C3 are now public domain.

Attachments

• Stream Organ.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
And here's an MP3 of a quick play with what I'm calling the Stream Organ.

I began with a raw stereo wav recoding in 24 bit/48 kHz. I didn't tidy that up at all. I then applied MEqualizer to bring out the harmonics. Some amount of compression, limiting, splitting and recombining, and shifting of everything to C3, and we have the Stream Organ.

Attachments

• The Stream Organ.mp3
    783.8 KB
Good fan of Melda's stuff, I use mostly the whole basic suite (if you buy it you get all resizable GUI's and presets, really great value), MBDelay, MBReverb, MBWaveshaper and Doubletracker. Got a few more that I'm still exploring, all in all I love the GUI's approach.

And the randomizer is such fun for creative results.

This first attempt may not be that great, but it was a bit rushed and it was a first try! This is from my own recording (included), and both that recording and the processed version in C3 are now public domain.
I think it turned out great!

What you also should/could try out is to automate the relevant parameters like Gain, Harmonics and even Q, so you will get a nice "morphing" from the raw source material into the tonal sound.

I've attached a little snippet with wind that turns into a chord and then back.
Wind_to_chord.png

Attachments

• sf_Wind_to_chord_and_back.mp3
    823.4 KB
I think it turned out great!

What you also should/could try out is to automate the relevant parameters like Gain, Harmonics and even Q, so you will get a nice "morphing" from the raw source material into the tonal sound.

I've attached a little snippet with wind that turns into a chord and then back.
Wind_to_chord.png

That's fantastic!

While studying the basics of compression I found the Melda free compressor quite easy to work with its meter displays and dials.
The Mcompressor can handle all compression types including upwards compression as well as allowing one to draw in custom shapes for the compressor to work in unique ways. Pretty sure the latter was described in an earlier thread.
A very powerful tool.
Another MCompressor fan here. It was the one, when I was first learning how to use a compressor. That moving line display and all the controls laid out. I've lobbied Vojtech to put that meter on MModernCompressor but he's having none of it.

It's crazy that MCompressor and MEqualizer are both part of the FreeFXBundle when I consider them to be a couple of the very best of their type at any price. What has been mentioned earlier about the Meldaproduction EQ's doing harmonics. Yes! There's nothing better that I know of for toning down a spiky cymbal ping.

To answer the thread starter, heck yes I use Meldaproduction FX. Some on every project. With MTurboReverble and MTurboDelay, I really need no others of their type, although I do have some that I bought before I got those that are still useful like Objeq Delay and Nimbus Reverb. MDrumleveler is the answer for the difficult chore of processing drum sounds. MRhythmizer gets me lots of trippy stutter and slowdown FX.

They have nice discount policies, too. If you haven't yet used a referral code, PM anyone with a MeldaProduction account to get their code (or use MELDA65032871) using one will get you 20% off your next purchase from them. For instance, wait for one of their 50% off everything or 50% off all bundles sales and the discount code coupled with a 10 euro credit for signing up for their newsletter will get you the registered versions of the MFreeFXBundle for under $10

There are some who are put off by the utilitarian standard UI, but I found that if I spent a little time tweaking the colors, it made them look much more attractive. Try it with one, then you can save the color preset and use it on all of them. My taste might not be anyone else's but here's my Meldaproduction color scheme (based on Neon Genesis: Evangelion):

1651604011749.png

Last edited:
I love Melda, dearly. I use them every day!

MXXX, MTurboComp, MAutoDynamicEQ (it and IIEQPro make up 80% of my EQing with some Slick/Nova otherwise - IIEQPro is the best sounding software EQ under $800 by the way, demo a low bell and you will hear it) and MSpectralDynamics which I actually just sold and will continue using from within MXXX (honestly sort of regretting selling it).

MTurboReverb will wind up in random places where it will sometimes sound better than everything else, but I primarily use it for sound design. I look forward to REALLY learning it when my work hours are reduced. Otherwise my "realism" and flavor EQs are often LS/Relab. MTR comes very close in its preset devices sometimes however, and is a tweaker's delight, as the freedom and power is absolutely unparallelled, by far.

Like many here, MFreeFXBundle still sees freeeequent use from me. MCompressor was I used when learning compression, as well! A bundle worth hundreds of dollars for free, Melda be praised.

WHABAM colors

F83520A0-5FDB-4506-AC17-D6D84E78EC44.png

People say Kirchoff has the best dynamics... haven't tried it, but I really cannot imagine a better dynamic EQ than Melda. Nova might sound slightly better due to topology but I enjoy the Melda workflow.

Re: the above picture, I usually don't use much in the way of analysis, the rainbow foil was added for fun here (the blue could stand to be switched... but I barely look). The new UIs aren't even needed to look this sexy.

And on MXXX, it is definitely my version of an H9000. I actually can't imagine using a hardware unit for what MXXX does... some of the most powerful spectral effects out there, with feedback loops, amazing reverbs and delays, the power of the entire Melda collection of effects and instruments built into a modular container is one of the best purchases I have ever made for under $500. What a joy to use.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm kind of surprised to see so many other members of the "MCompressor was the one that I learned compression with" club. I mean, I guess not really, it makes sense. More like I'm surprised that I don't hear it more.

The MFreeFXBundle was one of the first collections of free pro-level FX out there, so we probably all downloaded it. And that MCompressor display....to anyone who says that Vojtech's UI's are somehow lacking, I submit MCompressor. It gives you access to all of the bread and butter controls right in front of you, and you can adjust them and see what they're doing while listening for what effect each has.

I'll take that over something that has a single needle meter for gain reduction and a bunch of skeuomorphic knobs any day.

And MEqualizer is pretty danged capable too, as we've seen earlier in this thread. It does things that I've not seen in any other EQ (the harmonics, the advanced slope settings).

Last edited:
Big fan of the MAutoDynamicEQ, works and sounds great and amazingly low CPU usage. Only thing to note is that the default bell shape is "Peak" which kinda cramps close to Nyquist and it's often IMO better to use the "Peak analog" shape instead (I've switched all the bell shapes around in my default preset). Same thing applies for the MEqualizer as well

Just picked up MReverbMB (free gift with any purchase @ PiB).
Spent the evening getting familiarized with the GUI/workflow and testing vocals, strings and brass. It's not the best in UX design but it works!!! The Expansion 1 pack has some really good ones in there.

Edit: The expansion 1 pack is the Samplicity Bricasti M7.
:thumbsup:

MReverbMB Expansion 1.png

Last edited:
Just picked up MReverbMB (free gift with any purchase @ PiB).
Spent the evening getting familiarized with the GUI/workflow and testing vocals, strings and brass. It's not the best in UX design but it works!!! The Expansion 1 pack has some really good ones in there.

Edit: The expansion 1 pack is the Samplicity Bricasti M7.
:thumbsup:

MReverbMB Expansion 1.png
I don't have any of that stuff on mine? IS this something you had to go and download?

I don't have any of that stuff on mine? IS this something you had to go and download?
It's actually hidden.
1). Click on Edit.
2). Click on the "rubiks cube" preset icon below the spectral analyzer.
3). Preset folder appears and the "Expansion 1" should be there. If not, click download presets (bottom right) and it should load it.

Expansion 1.png

I was curious about that, too, because my MReverbMB didn't have the EXPANSION 1 folder either.

But I checked and MReverb (no MB) does have it. Usually, presets from the single band versions will work in the MB versions, so I did an export of that folder from MReverb and imported it into MReverbMB, where they all now show up.

This seems odd to me, because Daren says he got the freebie, which is supposed to be MReverbMB, which doesn't have that folder. The only thing I can think that it might be is that Daren installed MReverb along with or instead of MReverbMB and what he's looking at is MReverbMB in Demo mode?

In any case, I'd be happy to supply that preset folder to any MReverbMB user who wants it. It's easy enough to import a folder of presets into a Meldaproduction plug-in. Just ask and I'll stick it in a Dropbox folder or something.

This is a handy trick for MTurboDelayMB as well, because it comes with very few presets compared to MTurboDelay.

I was curious about that, too, because my MReverbMB didn't have the EXPANSION 1 folder either.

But I checked and MReverb (no MB) does have it. Usually, presets from the single band versions will work in the MB versions, so I did an export of that folder from MReverb and imported it into MReverbMB, where they all now show up.

This seems odd to me, because Daren says he got the freebie, which is supposed to be MReverbMB, which doesn't have that folder. The only thing I can think that it might be is that Daren installed MReverb along with or instead of MReverbMB and what he's looking at is MReverbMB in Demo mode?

In any case, I'd be happy to supply that preset folder to any MReverbMB user who wants it. It's easy enough to import a folder of presets into a Meldaproduction plug-in. Just ask and I'll stick it in a Dropbox folder or something.

This is a handy trick for MTurboDelayMB as well, because it comes with very few presets compared to MTurboDelay.
MReverbMB is fully activated license on my end. And I don't own MReverb. The expansion is hidden.

Top Bottom