What's new

Custom Kontakt Instrument Question

ryevick

I have a large number of cymbals that I've sampled over the years, a few drum samples but mostly cymbals. I'm new to Kontakt, I have the full version 6. I'm wanting to possibly create a Kontakt library/instrument that would allow me to pull up any of my samples and apply basic effects, eq and so on. I have no idea if this would be simple or difficult. It would be really nice to be able to play them up and down the keyboard for different pitch variations of the samples. Maybe it'd be best just to keep accessing them through my DAW, (Studio One 4.6 Pro & Cubase 10.5 Pro). I don't know... Thoughts?

Last edited:
Probably a basic kontakt instrument will be easy to do following a tutorial, there's no need to do any scripting. you can tweak to pitch into the settings of the instrument.

I had the same question last year... search for ‘Kontakt Photosynthesis’. It’s totally free and gives you a ton of processing options if you want to get creative with your patches at a future date...

You do still have to hit the wrench icon and manually add samples, other than that though it’s a great resource outside of just having a generic patch that doesn’t really give you any options beyond playing the samples...

I had the same question last year... search for ‘Kontakt Photosynthesis’. It’s totally free and gives you a ton of processing options if you want to get creative with your patches at a future date...

You do still have to hit the wrench icon and manually add samples, other than that though it’s a great resource outside of just having a generic patch that doesn’t really give you any options beyond playing the samples...

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll check it out!

That's a great tool, I had never heard of that!

Awesome, thanks for the information. I'll check it out!
Thanks to the several people on here that put me on to it! If I could easily review my history here I'd tag them all...

Photosynthesis is Absolutely brilliant - an arp/pulse engine, tons of FX, various envelopes ranging from pitch to filter, insert and send FX, etc, etc... It's basically Kontakt's 'mangle-your-own-content' missing link AFAIC...

Last edited:
Top Bottom