What's new

Controversial opinions

Controversial: This just off the fax: Recent psychological studies show gear acquisition is not a symptom. Your motivation for amassing so many ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶ plugins and ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ libraries is music.
Sponsored by Plugin Alliances-Boutiques-Cartels International. :emoji_money_mouth:

That's not controversial. If you had said Guardians was the best Halo, someone might fight you. Not me. I like them all.

Some people find it controversial because 3 is generally the most universally acclaimed, but I think Reach is much better. I actually never bought 5 but I did play the beta and enjoyed it quite a bit, I’ll end up getting it eventually. So far Infinite is better than 4 and 5 by a long shot

Low effort audio examples in which the user doesn't bother to modify dynamics, expression, and so on to best service a particular library should be deleted immediately.

If you don't have the time, care, or maybe even skill, don't take part in a showcase. Asking for help on something that clearly needs work is fine, but it seems like most people argue that "it wasn't the point of the test" and refuse to tweak midi data across libraries.

At least try.

Last edited:
Spitfire can take all the time they need/want to release their modular orchestra. I'm really looking forward to it and I will get it at launch, but I'm fine with waiting another 1-4 years for the first module to be released.
This will give me time to save some money and improve my orchestration skills... and who wants unpolished Abbey Road libraries anyway.

John Williams music is completely uninteresting, uninspiring, and he’s never done anything innovative, he’s just rehashing classical music from 100 years ago

Everyone's music is completely uninteresting, uninspiring and for the past century, no one has ever done anything innovative but rehashing classical music from 100 years ago.

This just doesn't mean there isn't any beauty still to find in music.

Top Bottom