What's new

Controversial opinions

At last, someone has the balls to say it!

Generally speaking, music made in the last 20 years DESTROYS pretty much anything recorded before Y2K. In fact, there is only ONE old-time boomer track I can think of that can hang with the new stuff.

Check it out here.
This is just really sad! I am so sorry for you and KEM! I want to hug both of you! ...for a very long time...

I'm confused as to the original purpose of this thread. Is it -
a. State one of your own controversial opinions?
b. State any controversial opinion?
c. State a controversial opinion that you think is stupid and wrong?
d. Say whatever you feel like saying?
e. Ask what the original purpose of this thread is?
f. Other ____________

Controversial opinion: Every generation thinks they're the first to fall in love, the first to do great music, and the first to, you know, really GET IT, man.
;)

"Up" and "Wall-E" are both a plot mess, but held on a pedestal because the first 20 minutes of each is fantastic and people somehow buy into the pile of crap that follows.

"Up": the opening scene is a classic for good reason, and the floating house was a wonderful sequence. But once the house lands (ending the first act way too soon) the central conflict is just how to move the house one last mile. Big deal. So they threw in the talking dog for cheap laughs, and then it turns out Carl's childhood idol (the adventurer Muntz) is actually a bad person. Oooh, a surprise villain -- what a twist! :-/

"Wall-E": the dialogue-free opening was amazing. The early stuff with just the robots on the spaceship was great. But... the movie makes a terrible and incorrect statement about human nature: that we all just want to lie around, fat and lazy. Au contraire! If the future were plentiful and no one ever needed to work, that spaceship would look like Logan's Run, not My 600-Lb Life. People wouldn't be melting into their seats. They would be playing tennis all day and fucking all night. And maybe not even playing tennis.

I've said what I needed to say.

Donald Trump is the greatest president the USA ever had...*

From January 20, 2017 – January 20, 2021

I'm confused as to the original purpose of this thread. Is it -
a. State one of your own controversial opinions?
b. State any controversial opinion?
c. State a controversial opinion that you think is stupid and wrong?
d. Say whatever you feel like saying?
e. Ask what the original purpose of this thread is?
f. Other ____________
g. State something as fact that you truly don't believe in order to take part in the "trolling" festivities.

Top Bottom