What's new

Confusion about Old Spitfire Symphonic Strings and the new Spitfire Symphonic Orchestra

karusz

Hello recently I bought the Kontakt Spitfire Symphonic Orchestra (this year Spitfire edition).
I have 2 questions:

1. Talking about strings only from this package: Is it the same samples as the old green Spitfire Symphonic Strings with the performance legato, Decorative Techniques etc ... Is it just the same?

2. What is the new equivalent of Spitfire Chamber Strings?

I appreciate your help, I am trying to understand those differences. It seems sometimes spitfire is doing repacking of libraries. So a pity there is no intelligent performance patch for the Spitfire Chamber Strings the old one. Spitfire chamber essentials is it again a repacked Spitfire Chamber Strings library with performance patches built in? (I mean a little less samples than the old Spitfire Chamber Strings but with a new performance patches?

Hello recently I bought the Kontakt Spitfire Symphonic Orchestra (this year Spitfire edition).
I have 2 questions:

1. Talking about strings only from this package: Is it the same samples as the old green Spitfire Symphonic Strings with the performance legato, Decorative Techniques etc ... Is it just the same?

2. What is the new equivalent of Spitfire Chamber Strings?
SSO has been rescripted, especially the performance patch. There were hints when the total performance patch for the trumpet and flute were released that some new sample content had been added but I don’t think I ever saw that confirmed.

SCS has not had its legatos reworked recently but it already had performance legato. It’s not entirely clear if the performance patches in SSO are the same idea or a further development. The SCS essentials are cut down versions of the main library.

Top Bottom