What's new

Out Now: Nucleus - The Orchestral Core (MusicTech Excellence Award 10/10)

Thanks for the reply, will there be expansions in the future we can buy to bring the RR's & Mics up to Jaegar size or will there be an upgrade path to go from Nucleus to Jaegar the way you're offering an upgrade price for current owners of Jaegar to get Nucleus ?

Just trying to get a full picture before the presale comes as Jaegar was on my wishlist so this new library has kind of thrown it up in the air for which makes more sense buying
As a Jeager owner I'm still confused, even after all the new posts. Nucleus seems to be a tier below Jaeger. Could someone from AI please clear up if Jaeger will get its own add-on, incorporating the new stuff that is in Nucleus?

The sound of a human being blowing into an instrument :)
Are the phrases selected for the choirs via keyswitch, or is there a phrase builder?
Unfortunately it is not yet possible to see which and how many phrases there are. But the info will certainly be available tomorrow.

Are the phrases selected for the choirs via keyswitch, or is there a phrase builder?
Unfortunately it is not yet possible to see which and how many phrases there are. But the info will certainly be available tomorrow.

The choir patches come with a phrase builder with nine syllables that can be arranged in any order you like: Cre, Do, Mi, Nus, La, Cri, Mo, San, Tus

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm considering to purchase Jaeger, but just found out there will be this similar all-in-one library Nucleus coming out, which makes me doubt which one I should get.
What are your thoughts on Nucleus in comparison to Jaeger? Seeing the small price difference (150 $) I am wondering if there's a big difference in quality or if Nucleus is more like a stripped down version of Jaeger.
this has been discussed thoroughly I noticed after posting :)

In the meantime I am checking whether my laptop specs would suffice to run Jaeger. I am running Cubase on a Dell inspiron 15-5567, i7, 16 GB RAM and store my samples on an external hard drive (2 TB)
Would anyone be able to tell if this will work to run Jaeger smoothly?

thanks!

Last edited:
Not delayed :) We're on California time. It's just a few hours away now

So if the pre sale is actually starting on 17th for most of the world, does that mean the actual release will be a day later too on the 9th instead of the 8th (it will still be the 8th for you because you're 8 hours behind) ?

As a Jeager owner I'm still confused, even after all the new posts. Nucleus seems to be a tier below Jaeger. Could someone from AI please clear up if Jaeger will get its own add-on, incorporating the new stuff that is in Nucleus?
Nucleus vs Jaeger

They’re both excellent libraries that can be used on their own, together or even layered with other sample libraries. There are some fundamental differences between the two though, and I’m going to quickly go through the main differences now.

Jaeger
- More focused on modern hybrid orchestral music, whereas Nucleus is a bit more classic orchestral focused
- Jaeger has an incredible solo vocal library, whereas Nucleus has a choir
- It also has a lot more sound design than Nucleus has

Nucleus
- Perfect all-in-one library for beginners
- Or for composers who travel a lot & want a full orchestra with a small footprint (relatively small file size)
- You get solo instruments, which you don’t have in Jaeger
- There are woodwinds and a choir, which are not included in Jaeger and will not be added to it
- There’s also orchestral percussion here (tuned & atonal) which is different to the percussion in Jaeger (particularly the tuned percussion)
- Nucleus is in the same sort of style as other all-in-one libraries like Albion One, but it goes into more depth with individual sections (e.g. violins, viola, cellos, double bass) rather than just ensemble patches (e.g. strings high, strings low), as well as the solo instruments, tuned orchestral percussion and the choir being there too

Overall, Nucleus is more orchestral/film score focused, whereas Jaeger is much more focused on hybrid trailer music. However, either one can be used for either style of cinematic music, they just have their own strengths and purposes.

The only major overlap between the two libraries is that the strings and brass are similar, however there is also pizzicato in Nucleus and solo instruments.

Both libraries are recorded in the same space as all of Audio Imperia’s orchestral sample libraries. This means they will all layer very well together, and of course they have that nice dry, controlled room sound which makes them very versatile.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Top Bottom