What's new

Combining developers - what would YOUR perfect orchestral sample library consist of?

I'd like to see a string library with the expressiveness of Con Moto/Afflatus, with the large variety of articulations (including Super Sul Tasto/Flautando, true Con Sords, hald con sord+half normale etc) of Spitfire Chamber Strings, and with the thoroughness of Berlin Strings (more manual control, a more advanced UI, x-fade between presets, legato on everything etc).

A wider range of short articulations will keep coming up until someone does it. I’m a little curious why it’s the Classical-oriented that seem to clamor for it more than the media-oriented. It‘s quite a limitation to have to deal with in any style.

VSL did get it very right with both the variety in lengths of shorts as well as their brilliant player. Their sound did them in for the most part. I agree that the VSL approach with a superior studio or hall sound would be most welcome.

It really depends on how one wants to work, but I feel that Spitfire UACC approach with its Kontakt instruments are the best for articulation triggering, management and functionality. I do not like the way OT Capsule implements MIDI CC control of articulations. It’s very limited when using a midi controller or iPad. Spitfire blows OT in this one regard.
FWIW. that also has limitations, such as stacking articulations.

that said, if you're married to the idea check out flexrouter, as it allows essentially any kontakt library to function that way.

FWIW. that also has limitations, such as stacking articulations.

that said, if you're married to the idea check out flexrouter, as it allows essentially any kontakt library to function that way.
You can stack with UACC KS. That's why it exists.

That said, what you manage with all your morphing of those OT samples is really something, and I wish you could do something like that a bit easier with the Spitfire stuff.

Top Bottom