What's new

Cmusic Production releases "SOLO Clarinet" for Kontakt

Vladinir

Cmusic Production has released the SOLO Clarinet in B Library for Kontakt.
The SOLO Clarinet Kontakt library is designed to allow the user to realistically simulate almost any melody that a real clarinet in any style can play - whether it's jazz, classical or folk.
It was recorded using two microphones (A is a large aperture with a cardioid pattern, and B is a ribbon microphone with an eight). This allows you to change the balance between the two microphones to achieve a more suitable tone.

Features:
  • Legato, Portamento, Glissando Velocity control.
  • 3-x round robin sustain non vibrato for each note (6 layers).
  • Sustain vibrato for each note (5 layers).
  • 3-x round robin staccato for each note (5 layers).
  • 3-x round robin marcato short and long for each note (4 layers).
  • 2/4 and 4/4 tempo sync swells (120 BPM default, 2 layers).
  • Rips chromatic short, medium and long (3 layers).
  • Crescendo short and long.
  • Diminuendo, pfp.
  • Trills HT, Trills WT, Flutter, Growl, Sliders long and short, Ends.
  • Fast trills between notes in octave range.
  • Humanize function.
  • 3.26 GB on disc, 5 271 samples, 44.1 kHz / 24-bit.
Price: $79.00 - Available at an introductory price of $51.35 until October 31st. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.

Last edited:
It has a very Eastern European sound to my ears (even Balkan), which is a nice contrast to other offerings, and it's good to see the series fleshed out with a neglected instrument.

As clarinet is my main instrument, I do most of my parts live, but I'm definitely intrigued by this library as it offers features and articulations that I haven't seen in other clarinet libraries. It's obvious that a lot of thought was put into what would make this useful in jazz, klezmer, roma/gypsy, and other genres.

For those in the audience who are not from Central Europe (Germany, Czechia, etc.) or Eastern Europe (including Greece), don't freak that it is labeled as a Clarinet in "B", as that means "Bb" in that region (B natural is designated as "H").

From the sound though, I thought this might even be a Clarinet in G! This is definitely a fresh contender for clarinet work in various genres and/or big band.

Out of curiosity -- and I don't mean to take this off-track -- since you've taken a unique "eastern" approach to the clarinet in this library, are you considering at some point becoming (probably) the first vendor to offer a tárogató library (the modern version, not the unrelated ancient instrument)?

Hi Mark. Unfortunately, I don’t have a performer on tárogató. There is another problem - it has no commercial basis. It makes no sense to make a tool that several people will buy.

I had no thought of an Eastern approach. I just showed the capabilities of this tool. How to kamalas, it is a universal tool that is good and right it sounds like in the classics and in jazz and folk music.

Makes sense. I've been to eastern Europe several times and saw the Tarogato in Romania and Hungary but wasn't sure how widespread it is in that region or if it permeates all types of music or is mostly just used in the music of the Roma and various fusions of traditional music with jazz.

Top Bottom