What's new

Clock sync VEPro

JohnG

Hi all

switched my setup from VE Pro stand-alone to networked, but haven’t yet removed the RME sound cards. The latter are synchronized by Word Clock using BNC cables.

If I remove the cards, how does sync get to the PCs?

If you aren't using your audio card(s) to export digital audio from a slave anymore then there isn't really anything to sync?

What @chillbot said. It's part of the magic of VEP. It handles all the timing and synchronization. There's nothing to configure or do. It "just works". About the only thing you can set is the VEP buffer size. But their software does all the actual sync.

What they said. You could remove the audio cards from your slaves and VEPro will still work in the same way. All audio from your slaves gets handled through your network now.

Everything still monitored through Pro Tools. That’s how I deliver.

Thanks for the other confirmation. Sounds as though no clock sync needed w VE Pro

Last edited:
so the BNC clock sync you're talking about is word clock. Definitely don't need that for VePro. You may or may not care about that for the connection between your DP rig and PT rig. If you're streaming the audio from DP over ADAT or some other streaming audio protocol like that..then you might still want that BNC there for word clock sync.

so the BNC clock sync you're talking about is word clock. Definitely don't need that for VePro. You may or may not care about that for the connection between your DP rig and PT rig.

I already have Word Clock to both the DP and PT hardware. Maybe I’ll take one of the RME cards out of one slave and see what happens

it’s all working so tempting to leave it alone

Top Bottom