What's new

Classified Ads Rules - Read Before Posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Greene

Got somethin' to sell, but don't want to deal with ebay or Craislist? Want to offer a great deal to your brethren and sisthren (yes, I've decided that's a real word!) here at VI-C? Then this is the section for you! The classified section was created to allow members to sell gear or software (EULA permitting, of course) to other members in a friendly environment. We do have a few rules, though:

1. If you're selling multiple items all in one thread (as opposed to using multiple threads, which is also fine), please update your *initial* post as each item is sold. It's the nice thing to do, so members don't have to read the whole thread to see what's still available.

2. Do not "bump" your post more than once every two weeks (14 days.)

3. This is not a section for ongoing endeavors. If you've got a ton of gear to sell, that's fine. (Although again, do not excessively bump your own thread.) However, if you keep adding to the gear for sale, then it starts to look like a business. We have no desire to be a host for alternative ebay stores. Granted, members may be interested in these new added items, but we've had one example where a thread continued for years! That's annoying, and not the intent of this section. If you have some stuff to sell, even if it's a lot of stuff, that's fine. But if you're going to keep selling stuff, then kindly head on over to ebay, Reverb, or Craigslist instead.

4. When your item sells, please say so in the thread title, or at least in the initial post. It's the nice thing to do.

5. Please do not post ads where you're re-selling stuff you got for free in some promotion. That's kinda sleazy.

6. Please do not post ads for things that would not be of actual interest to the membership here. If you don't know the forum well enough to know what sorts of things are of actual interest here, then you should not be posting ads here.

7. This section is intended for actual members selling stuff they don't need anymore, not people looking to make a side business out of this. We'll give some latitude to people who haven't previously posted in the legit sections of the forum, but please respect the spirit of the forum.

8. Moderators reserve the right to delete any ads that we believe don't add value to the forum.

9. EDIT - Be sure to read this one: Be advised that I ban accounts if a post seems even the slightest bit shady. I have no interest in playing cat and mouse games, and I don't have time to "investigate" or give people "the benefit of the doubt." I simply ban. I'll grant that I may be wrong in many, or even most, of these cases, but this is a composers forum, not a "Sell stuff here so you can avoid eBay fees!" forum, so I prioritize it as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom