What's new

Cinestrings problem with hanging notes after the update 1.3 ?

Are you using keyswitches? As I mentioned earlier, I think, using velocity-switching cleared up the issue for me. Not my preferred method originally, but I'm finding it has advantages...among them, less stuck notes

No keyswitches available in the patches I have.

And what do you mean by "velocity-switching" - I see no velocity-switching here?

I haven't experienced problems after i upgraded my computer and installed it on ssd. But i haven't tested it in a big project in a while. I sort of gave up and went for other string librarys.

Are you using keyswitches? As I mentioned earlier, I think, using velocity-switching cleared up the issue for me. Not my preferred method originally, but I'm finding it has advantages...among them, less stuck notes
I don't use key switches. I've just been using single patches on different midi channels within one instance of Kontakt. It's the true legato patch that always gives me trouble.

Having the same issue. Just bought Cinestrings in November but just started using them only to experience hanging notes. I have to purge and reload samples every time. I've never had a single issue with any of my other 10 string libraries. Looks like I won't be using these.

Bush league.

I just bought Cinebrass bundle and absolutely love the sound but I have hanging notes on it whenever running it in poly legato mode.

Last edited:
No keyswitches available in the patches I have.

And what do you mean by "velocity-switching" - I see no velocity-switching here?
On the Articulations patches you can trigger the articulations via velocity (the default - lower velocities trigger shorts, higher the longs) or keyswitches. In my experience using velocity switching don’t get stuck nearly as often.

This is a crime. I love the sound of Cinestrings and hoped for more playability with their update but the patches are still clunky. I saw a video where somebody talked about how they've used Kontakt's built-in legato script to make the strings more playable but I'm too dumb to figure out how to use it lol

Any solution to this issue? Hanging notes in CineStrings legato patches? I'm still getting crazy stuck notes. I'm using version 1.31, batch resaved, re-loaded instruments in the project, but no luck. It hangs almost constantly. It's getting to be kind of un-useable.

I think there are many customers of Cinesamples desperately waiting for an update on Cinestrings. So many glitches. Really CPU heavy for some reason, when earlier versions were not. The hanging notes aren't as bad for me. Mostly issues with legato.

Yup.. this is still an issue for me with Cinebrass and Cinewinds. Of all the libraries I've purchased, these are the only ones to be in the "un-usable" range.

Hey guys, did anyone update CineStrings to v1.3.2? I did it yesterday and I still got cracks and pops when playing sustain articulations, shorts seem to be ok.

Please, can anyone suggest a remedy? I contacted the support as well

Hey guys, did anyone update CineStrings to v1.3.2? I did it yesterday and I still got cracks and pops when playing sustain articulations, shorts seem to be ok.

I'm pretty stable with CineStrings currently and reticent to update. Is there an update log that says what all got fixed or changed?

Per the OP the main issue people are having is with stuck notes. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for your pop/crack issue....except, m'be: do you get it at high buffer settings?

Unfortunately, the only remedy I could find was to go back to 1.2. I like the legato scripting in 1.3 better, but 1.3 uses over twice as many voices when playing a note as 1.2. I'm not sure what's going on under the hood that makes 1.3 use so many more voices, but it just makes it so much harder on the cpu, and popping is the symptom.

1.3.2 has the same crackling issues that 1.3 has, can confirm. As @bozmillar also says, it sounds better than 1.2 but demands way too much from your computer. What annoys me here is that the difference isn't exactly that significant that it should be somehow natural to expect your computer not being able to handle it anymore.

In my opinion, It's completely different to know in advance that you cannot run e.g. full Berlin Strings on a cheap laptop than installing an update of a library which used to run smoothly and is now suddenly demanding you to double the power of your computer or "just don't update then". I have SSD's, an overclocked i5k processor and 32 GB of RAM, running reasonable buffer sizes and can easily handle almost everything....except for Cinestrings 1.3+.

And I'm not talking even about full sections, but just single articulation patches that make everything to go snap, crackle and pop.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed, it's single articulations that are causing problems, but strangely, short arts are fine. I thought that I had something set weirdly in the settings for sustain/legato notes, because there are causing the issues. Staccato, etc are fine so far. Did not test extensively with all string sections, though.

Ok, so, temporary remedy could be a roll-back to v.1.2. Hmm, can we force Cinesamples to look into through multiple support posts or better, if someone from cinesamples could update this thread about it and they could have a look at it.

Yeah, true- the shorts work just fine! I'd love to use this library more, but right now it's just so unbearable that I usually leave it out from my stuff except for some sporadic shorts.

Have the exact same issues with v1.3.2 which is a real bummer because I really love them. I run a 16-Core computer with 96gb of ram and have Cinestrings on my ssd. It's the only library that gives me those weird cracking/pop sounds when playing legatos or sustains. Totally unusable at the moment.

Though I don't understand why it would make a difference, are there any Mac users that have the crackling issue?

To give you insight about my system - PC, i7, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, SSD, other libraries work just fine. It is really Cinestrings Core v1.3 to 1.3.2 and specific problem with long patches - cracks and pops occur mainly at the beginning and then during of sample playback. Will try to test it more thoroughly over the weekend.

Top Bottom