What's new

Cinestrings problem with hanging notes after the update 1.3 ?

Ultraxenon

Does anyone else experince the same problem as me With hanging notes? Espacially With all the ensemble patches. I did not had this issue With v1.2. The sound is really good, but some patches are useless to me beacause it happends all the time.

not hanging notes, but clicks and pops with sustained patches especially, but basically all strings after v1.3 update, other tracks in the project dont cause the problem - I am not sure if to download the fresh files or what

I got in touch with Cinesamples support about this and they said that they had add a fix in the update. So i was told to redownload the update and then everything should be fine. I haven't done it yet, but if others have the same problem you know what to do. Cinesamples has amazing librarys and support, they got back to me real quick.

That's what I thought I would have to do - to re-download the whole thing just to make sure it can fix the problem. Thx for getting back, I will try to post over the weekend if it helped

That's what I thought I would have to do - to re-download the whole thing just to make sure it can fix the problem. Thx for getting back, I will try to post over the weekend if it helped
I asked them about the hanging notes issue, but it could be that the clicks and pops also is fixed. Lets hope so

I'm getting this. Did the re-download help? Thx
Im afraid not, i haven't seen any fix from Cinesamples yet, in the meantime i have to use other string librarys. I really hope that they take this problem seriously, we are not the only one who has this problem.

Still very usable for me. I'm only getting stuck notes occasionally. A couple times an hour? Still mighty annoying. Has it been determined that the issue occurs in all DAWs? I'm using it within DP 9.5. I may try running Cinesample in VEP if it really starts to bug me. I don't recall ever having the issue when using VEP....though I can't recall if I've tried 1.3 in VEP.

The strings are imo the weakest of their libraries. The legato cellos seem to miss release samples, or they're not playing, anyone else notice this? And sometimes the number of voices will increase dramatically for no good reason, seems like a bug.

Okay. This seems to be getting worse. On larger projects I'm getting stuck notes frequently. The work around is to reload the patch, but eventually the problem returns. I just contacted support and I'm waiting for a response... In the meantime, anyone have any luck addressing this? Also, what DAW are you using? Ultraxenon, Peter.

Last edited:
Okay. This seems to be getting worse. On larger projects I'm getting stuck notes frequently. The work around is to reload the patch, but eventually the problem returns. I just contacted support and I'm waiting for a response... In the meantime, anyone have any luck addressing this? Also, what DAW are you using? Ultraxenon, Peter.
The problem is still there. I do the same as you, reload the patch, but after a while the problem is back. It is really annoying. I also updatet Kontakt and have download the Library several times, but the problem is still there. In the meantime i use other string libraries, but i own almost all the orchestral Library from Cinesamples and i want to use them. I also have problems With the Cinebrass update.

Right. CineBrass and CineStrings are both doing it. Are you a DP user by chance Ultraxenon? I'm thinking the issue might be with DP's newest pre-gen scheme, but if you're not using DP that would point to another issue that's causing it. ...a couple things I might try if I can't nail down the problem: using older versions of CineSample patches. Using Kontakt in VEP to host CineSamples instruments

Huh... I just got Cinebrass and am experiencing stuck notes and pops/clicks in Cubase 7. It also sporadically plays notes a minor third away and sometimes moving the mod wheel will trigger a note to play. I wonder if it's possible to downgrade?

Downgrading seems to be working. I've had CineSamples for awhile so I have older versions of the instruments sitting in Kontakt. Loading 1.2 versions of CineStrings and 1.6 versions of CineBrass eliminates the problem so far.

CineSamples responded to my support email, but cryptically. They said recently fixed the problem and to "re-download the inst.zip". There's a few different files they could be talking about in My Products. None of which appear to be recent. I'm waiting for clarification.

Cubase and Studio One 3 are my daws - the problem is still there, but I have not tried to reinstall Instruments for the libraries - if that does not fix it, maybe downgrading to older versions will, but that is not solution I would like to have...

...to "re-download the inst.zip". There's a few different files they could be talking about in My Products.

Horns: They messed up with the first 1.7 update patch, and provided a new version of it a couple of days later which fixed (most?) of the problems. You just need to get the instrument files again and it should be working, if I remember correctly. There was a topic here about the CB 1.7 update some time ago, which has more help than any of their customer service could prolly do.

Strings: You, me and everyone else is still royally forked on this. And it's not only the hanging notes- the CPU usage is killing me as well. I was told that the new legato patches are "more demanding" when I asked about it, but when I told them that it's every single patch that keeps spiking my CPU they didn't bother to get back at me anymore at all.

Too bad, because I really started to like the sound of the newest update after considering 1.2 more or less "an expensive mistake" soon after I had bought it.

Just been pulling my hair out because of the non stop hanging notes. It was actually connected to my comment above about the modwheel triggering notes. Not sure what's going on here (there's nothing happening in the sequencer):

At least I can stop the hanging notes by removing all CC1 automation below a certain threshold.

Attachments

• VID_20180214_142253.mp4
    8.7 MB · Views: 32
Horns: They messed up with the first 1.7 update patch, and provided a new version of it a couple of days later which fixed (most?) of the problems. You just need to get the instrument files again and it should be working, if I remember correctly. There was a topic here about the CB 1.7 update some time ago, which has more help than any of their customer service could prolly do.

Strings: You, me and everyone else is still royally forked on this. And it's not only the hanging notes- the CPU usage is killing me as well. I was told that the new legato patches are "more demanding" when I asked about it, but when I told them that it's every single patch that keeps spiking my CPU they didn't bother to get back at me anymore at all.

Too bad, because I really started to like the sound of the newest update after considering 1.2 more or less "an expensive mistake" soon after I had bought it.
Well, the updated 1.7 CB Instruments didn't fix the stuck notes for me :( The CS Inst.zips in My Products are old 1.1 versions for some reason, so I'm waiting for support to send me an updated 1.3 - though I don't know why it would help if the CB update didn't. I don't see any of the spiking with CS that Henu describes with 1.2 so downgrading CB and CS is my workaround. Unfortunately I do hear a dif and prefer the newer versions.

Also, if I use non-keyswitched patches I don't get stuck notes. Is this the case for everyone? Is anyone getting stuck notes on split or legato patches?

Last edited:
Brek, you are absolutely right. I testes this myself as well, and at least Cello (legato) hanging is directly related to CC1. In lower values, it keeps hanging but the sooner I put it up it the hanging stops. Not surprisingly, the note comes back right after putting the modwheel on lower position again.

Danwool, the Inst.zips were both labeled 1.7 in the Brass. The bad one AND the new one. Get the newest 1.7 from your product- page and compare the timestamps of both. The one you downloaded should be newer and fixed!

For what it comes to the "updated" version of Strings 1.3, don't hold your breath on that. Judging from the timestamps which I did just last week, there is nothing new under the sun on that one. I guess it's "working as intended" if you ask Cinesamples. There has been only one version of 1.3 available (unlike with CB), and that's what everyone's having with Cinestrings if they updated.

Top Bottom