What's new

Cinestrings problem with hanging notes after the update 1.3 ?

danwool

Grizzly Veteran
FWIW, I get the exact same thing, in terms of voice use, but no glitching. ...very nicely done little video btw. you must do this type of thing often

bozmillar

FWIW, I get the exact same thing, in terms of voice use, but no glitching. ...very nicely done little video btw. you must do this type of thing often
I don't usually get glitching either on a single instrument. I have the latency down way lower than I normally would when I made this video. But even with higher latency, if I have all 5 sections going, my system can't handle it. It can handle it just fine with vers 1.2.

danwool

Grizzly Veteran
Hmm. It could just be a CPU issue then? It could still be a bug, but you know how it goes. Companies often assume (hope?) we all will be buying the latest and greatest and create products and updates that need more and more power, leaving many to have to stick with older products and older versions. I sincerely hope that's not the case here.

jesc126

Composeur
For those who updated to v1.32, how did you do that? I got the new instrument files, should I just delete the old folder and drag the new ones in? Or is there a more complicated way to do this so I don't get the dreaded "missing samples" error in kontakt?

Shagal

Having this issue since day one. Talked to the support, they told me I'd have too less RAM(32GB... yeah.. sure...)

jesc126

Composeur
After updating to 1.32, I feel kontakt does run the instruments a bit smoother. Almost zero pops/clicks/hanging notes. I can run all five sections legato simultaneously with a 512 buffer, and I'm on a 16GB Macbook pro (in Logic).

They seem to have fixed the release sample issue in the cellos and the missing mic positions in the basses.

Is it a perfect string library? No. But it has a great sound. Better than most of the other stuff out there, IMO, once you learn how to use the GUI.

Did a little demo track here since updating, if anyone would like to listen.

Attachments

Top Bottom