What's new

Cinesamples Price Hike?

Should this thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Yes, I saw where HollyWoodWinds increased from $199 to $229 (fortunately, thanks to Steve's largess, I got in on the sale before the price hike)

*$99

Last edited:
Yeah they did it ever since their current Labor Day 50% off started.
I'm guessing the prices will be back to normal after the sale or they'll wait for Black Friday to 're-adjust' them (so its not so suspicious lol) since the prices have been consistent for so many years already.

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know any better and thinks they're getting a good deal

Getting an entire $10 off the Tina Guo is a pretty irresistible sale if you ask me

Yeah they did it ever since their current Labor Day 50% off started.
I'm guessing the prices will be back to normal after the sale or they'll wait for Black Friday to 're-adjust' them (so its not so suspicious lol) since the prices have been consistent for so many years already.

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't know any better and thinks they're getting a good deal

Getting an entire $10 off the Tina Guo is a pretty irresistible sale if you ask me
I'm not so sure. Aren't they under new management? This might be the new normal

I'm pretty sure that's just another marketing trick to offer further 'discounts' every once a quarter from these increased prices and thus, indulge new customers in a shopping spree.

It sounds like they intend these prices to stick. Although I wonder if they're making way for a deeper discount strategy (not dirt cheap but coming out a bit less than the -50% from the old prices).

Yes increases and I don't see the value increasing. I like Cinesamples but the other devs are running circles around them in content and development. The increases are not great, and the quality is great ... and they may very well need money for future development. Ive given my fair share already but will cease increasing with these hikes. I still sit listening to feet and talking in my Cinebrass Pro.

they replied via email that they believe it is the right price for what they offer ... also they said there will be news or updates ...
exactly:
"we believe the new pricing structure more accurately reflects the value of these libraries and the work that went into producing them" 😲

at least they should have announced it before the sale!

"we believe the new pricing structure more accurately reflects the value of these libraries and the work that went into producing them" 😲
I feel like it would have been more appropriate to time these price increases with the (supposedly imminent) 2.0 cinesymphony updates. If they can match the quality of their scripting to the quality of their samples, that statement above would certainly be true. Until then....

raising the price on purpose during or just before doing a huge sale, resulting that the discount isn't actually over the normal price, but the increased price (so you as customer end up pay much more, in an unfair way) is illegal in many countries. (customer protection etc)

Top Bottom