What's new

Cinemap in Kontakt 6

vgamer1982

HI there -

I'm trying to load Cinesample's Cinemap script in Kontakt 6. It loads fine, but unlike in Kontakt 5, it loads without any of the artwork so is very difficult to use. Does anybody know how I might be able to fix this? (relatively inexperienced with scripting, but I use this to make "master" percussion patches with multiple patches loaded but laying out say all my snare drum LH and RH into a single midi track so I can quickly create layered perc parts, and I use cinemap to route the midi.

Thanks!

Actually, NVM! Figured it out. Copied everything but the "pictures" folder to get the wallpaper.

I'm trying to use Cinemap on Kontakt6 too. How did you get it work?
It looks empty when I load it.
I'm wondering if there's any alternative because cinesamples won't upgrade cinemap anymore seems like.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 12.13.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 12.13.50 PM.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
If you look in the kontakt 5 documents folder (varies in location but it's usually in documents) you'll find a folder called "pictures". Inside it there's a folder for Cinemap. Transfer this to the same folder for Kontakt 6 and all will work fine!

Basically, the installer they gave you only installs the resources to the kontakt 5 folders but you can copy that pictures folder manually to K6....or presumably future versions.

Thanks for the reply! but I can't find the files that are inside "pictures" folder because it's empty..
I'm on Mac 10.14.6. I looked all possible locations but couldn't find any.
What exactly are the files inside the "pictures"?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.24.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.24.03 PM.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
If you use the cinemap installer, you're looking for a folder called "cinemap", containing a bunch of png, txt files. You may be able to find it by searching, but if needs to be in documents - kontakt (whichever version) - pictures. It installs when you install cinemap. It'll be somewhere on your computer. I'm on PC so don't know where it goes to by default on mac, but you're looking for some files like buttton_add.png, button_add.txt, dated 2010.

Does anyone know if there's functionality that replaces CineMap these days? I still use it for patches that (for some inexplicable reason) only use 2 keys, like middle C and D, so I can smash a dozen of those patches into a single channel spread over the keyboard (i.e. I can have a dozen Rise and Hit options on the same track, spread out). CineMap is unsupported and all references to it on Cinesamples is dead now, so I'm wondering if there's a modern way of handling this sort of function?

Top Bottom