What's new

Choir Library?

I am looking at Strezov Choir Essential but cannot find (even looking in the manual), a list of the vowel sounds available - do you happen to know which ones are available therein, if any?

Thanks
The six legato patches all use "Ah".

Each four performance patches each offer five syllables. The closest you can get to a pure vowel among those is probably "No" (Choir, Men's, Children's) and "Mo" (Women's).

The six legato patches all use "Ah".

Each four performance patches each offer five syllables. The closest you can get to a pure vowel among those is probably "No" (Choir, Men's, Children's) and "Mo" (Women's).
Ah (pun intended), thank you - I suppose I could combine that with SA Epic Choir -- I will think about it or wait until AI Chorus is on sale (if ever)

Ah (pun intended), thank you - I suppose I could combine that with SA Epic Choir -- I will think about it or wait until AI Chorus is on sale (if ever)
I don't have it, but I'm sure AI Chorus is way more comprehensive. SA Epic Choir adds "Mm" and a couple of options for sustained notes that morph through more than one vowel.

Here's another possibility:
If you have NI Kontakt 6 or earlier, the factory library has choir and individual section (SATB) vowel keyswitches - a, e, i, o, u, as well as m. There's no legato and it's velocity-based, but you can MIDI learn the velocity knob to your modwheel and get a smoother sound. The only catch is that the knob is inverted for some reason, so to get your usual modwheel-based cresc./dim., you'll have to go into the MIDI Automation for CC1 and set From% to 100 and To% to 0.

I don't have it, but I'm sure AI Chorus is way more comprehensive. SA Epic Choir adds "Mm" and a couple of options for sustained notes that morph through more than one vowel.

Here's another possibility:
If you have NI Kontakt 6 or earlier, the factory library has choir and individual section (SATB) vowel keyswitches - a, e, i, o, u, as well as m. There's no legato and it's velocity-based, but you can MIDI learn the velocity knob to your modwheel and get a smoother sound. The only catch is that the knob is inverted for some reason, so to get your usual modwheel-based cresc./dim., you'll have to go into the MIDI Automation for CC1 and set From% to 100 and To% to 0.
I'm already well into Kontakt 7

I have heard good things about some of the Metropolis Ark choirs, I will have to look into those as well - looking for "epic" along with shouts too

I've been holding out for a sale on Audio Imperia Chorus personally. People seem to say it is a great all-rounder, with the main shortcoming being the women/men split instead of S/A/T/B.
Chorus is exceptional outside of this one shortcoming. It bugged me a little at first, but it's proven itself to be incredibly versatile from soft and angelic to drums of war, "hold my beer" compositions.

Chorus really is fantastic. I really don't need a choir library to sing real words to me, I just need it to sound great. I also don't have the need to write for four sections, but I'm sure that when I do need that I can buy Eternity.

I only saw syllables, not vowels alone
The libraries they are derived from (Freyja and Wotan) are Ahh, Ooh and Mmm with a few patches that let you dynamically crossfade across vowels. I do not own the Essentials version since I have the main ones, so I cannot comment on which of those are a part of the stripped down versions.

Im after a good full adult choir. Having Genesis the most easy thing to me is going for Eternity but it cost to much, and I would like to heard more, but unfortunately there aren’t any user walkthrough, even for the most simple aspect of it. Is good to remind that Strezov Essential doesn’t have all the dyn layers, of the complete ones. And start at mf?

Im after a good full adult choir. Having Genesis the most easy thing to me is going for Eternity but it cost to much, and I would like to heard more, but unfortunately there aren’t any user walkthrough, even for the most simple aspect of it. Is good to remind that Strezov Essential doesn’t have all the dyn layers, of the complete ones. And start at mf?
I've had fine results with Olympus Micro: the reason I'm looking for an upgrade is because of the lack of staccato consonants and syllables. However, my style of music could be different than yours. There is no wordbuilder function in Olympus Micro, for instance.

I've had fine results with Olympus Micro: the reason I'm looking for an upgrade is because of the lack of staccato consonants and syllables. However, my style of music could be different than yours. There is no wordbuilder function in Olympus Micro, for instance.
Thanks. I don’t think I need phrases or words. The most important thing is full vowels, a e i o u, and mm with legato for 3 at least. And staccato for all of them, and section’s separately. I know is to much to ask. There is SC All Saints, but lack shorts, then Voxos at sale!

Voxos doesn’t have mm, have only 2 legato, and is dated fixed at their current form, and because CS will not make any update to their Kontakt lineup anymore. I’m afraid that could result inconsistent, and that’s is something I would like to avoid. At same time the only one I think that could provide all I want is Eternity and Dominus Pro. Even Chorus lacks in more legato options for vowels

I can't stress enough how powerful Epic Choir from Spitfire is if none of you own it already. While it doesn't have legato capability, I find with choirs I don't miss legato too much especially if I'm padding. With the right amount of reverb the lack of legato transitioning is unnoticeable, and the library is only 30 bucks.

Hell, since I didn't have good lower dynamic choirs I'd use the Strezov Omni patches that come with the Kontakt Factory Selection to fill in the more quiet moments and those don't have legato either. But I slap them in the face with a nice big reverb and you can't really tell the difference unless you are looking for it with prejudice.

Thanks. I don’t think I need phrases or words. The most important thing is full vowels, a e i o u, and mm with legato for 3 at least. And staccato for all of them, and section’s separately. I know is to much to ask. There is SC All Saints, but lack shorts, then Voxos at sale!
Hm...there's ah, oo, ee, and mm I believe, with sustains and staccato for each. I don't think there's any legato however...

I can't stress enough how powerful Epic Choir from Spitfire is if none of you own it already. While it doesn't have legato capability, I find with choirs I don't miss legato too much especially if I'm padding. With the right amount of reverb the lack of legato transitioning is unnoticeable, and the library is only 30 bucks.

Hell, since I didn't have good lower dynamic choirs I'd use the Strezov Omni patches that come with the Kontakt Factory Selection to fill in the more quiet moments and those don't have legato either. But I slap them in the face with a nice big reverb and you can't really tell the difference unless you are looking for it with prejudice.
The LABS Gaelic Choir is really great if you can work around the limited range. And while I can't speak for the Epic Choir the Strezov choir that comes with kontakt is pretty good for a factory lib. I didn't see an omni patch however: just the SATB patches.

The LABS Gaelic Choir is really great if you can work around the limited range. And while I can't speak for the Epic Choir the Strezov choir that comes with kontakt is pretty good for a factory lib. I didn't see an omni patch however: just the SATB patches.
I thought that the Strezov patches on there were taken from Omnia, I could be extremely wrong about that however.

I thought that the Strezov patches on there were taken from Omnia, I could be extremely wrong about that however.
Oh haha when you said Omni I thought you were referring to an ensemble patch not the library it was sourced from. But yeah they do sound pretty good

Top Bottom