What's new

Chasing "Harry Potter Woodwinds"

Laurin Lenschow

Here's an attempt at a mockup of a woodwinds arrangement of the Nimbus 2000 theme, written by John Williams for the Harry Potter films. Spitfire's Symphonic Woodwinds (now repackaged in the Symphonic Orchestra) were the obvious choice for this, as they were recorded at the same location that was used for the original Harry Potter score. Speaking of obvious choices, I did use some external reverb on this mockup, but I won't tell you which plugin I used - if you know your reverbs you should be able to guess this correctly even without listening to the mockup ;)

Let me know about any feedback or questions you may have!

So you used an emulation of a an almost forgotten hardware reverb that has a certain preset named after a certain studio hall?

Sounds great by the way, regardless of the reverb used. I love woodwinds and you did a great job here.

So you used an emulation of a an almost forgotten hardware reverb that has a certain preset named after a certain studio hall?

Sounds great by the way, regardless of the reverb used. I love woodwinds and you did a great job here.
I think I have a vague idea what you're referring to - that's not it, but it's a good guess! (The answer is more obvious though)
...and thank you :)

Nimbus is of course correct :)

...and I actually didn't know these plugins, I'll have to give the video a watch!

Nimbus is of course correct :)

...and I actually didn't know these plugins, I'll have to give the video a watch!
The Savant Audio version has an actual Air Lyndhurst preset ;)

Here's an attempt at a mockup of a woodwinds arrangement of the Nimbus 2000 theme, written by John Williams for the Harry Potter films. Spitfire's Symphonic Woodwinds (now repackaged in the Symphonic Orchestra) were the obvious choice for this, as they were recorded at the same location that was used for the original Harry Potter score. Speaking of obvious choices, I did use some external reverb on this mockup, but I won't tell you which plugin I used - if you know your reverbs you should be able to guess this correctly even without listening to the mockup ;)

Let me know about any feedback or questions you may have!

great programming effort @Laurin Lenschow
I am not usually a big fan of ssw

Top Bottom