What's new

Censorship Creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a post deleted in the infamous thread yesterday and I cried myself to sleep last night.

In all seriousness though, I'm not a fan of the title of the thread at all. Seems like a thinly veiled intentional play on words to make the meaning ambiguous. Mike is way more tolerant than I would be.
I thought this was a pretty common and well understood term - alternate meaning didn't even occur to me. Maybe it should be deleted to prevent confusion.

When I started visiting these parts of the interweb I was right away pleasantly surprised from how an online forum could be so civilized, well mannered, helpful and just ...pleasant.

Image result for i have seen things that you humans

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe in other places where talking about a compressor or any other argument becomes an excuse for uncalled of verbal violence, often abuse, and just a general aggressive and tense vibe all the time.

I think this comes down to the vast majority of amazing and friendly composer folks that populate these pages, but also to the clever and sensible moderation done here.

Have you ever had an encounter with a tumbleweed? In the cartoons they are cute but in real life those things are thorny and sharp and 3x bigger than you think. Not joking. If you find tumbleweeds blowing at you in SoCal you had better find some shelter as quick as you can. Not to mention how strong the Santa Ana winds can gust. I second tumbleweeds being dangerous and unacceptable and glad we can agree on this.

Also you seem like you enjoy getting your posts deleted then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom