What's new

BBCSO (Pro / Core / Discover 1.2.0) - free, complete template for FL Studio (UPDATED January 16th 2021)

Now that I've been using this template a bit I generally love it (thank you for taking the time to assemble it!) but think there was one important oversight: the untuned percussion. Having them all on one track simply doesn't work except in the unlikely event that you never ever want two sounds to play at once. On the other hand, breaking it out into 13 separate tracks seems unwieldly. Not sure what the best solution is.
Thanks for the feedback, this is exactly what stood out to me too when using it... I'll try to consider a different approach to this within the next update.

UPDATED!

version 2.5
for FL Studio 20.8 +

- BBCSO Update 1.2.0
- Cimbasso added
- muted brass articulations added
- there is now one MULTI instance of BBCSO for untuned percussion incl. all instruments, AND seperate instances for the individual untuned percussion instruments. Decide with which of both options you like to work!
- some mixer changes

Great work, thanks again!

I did notice that all of the unpitched percussion tracks have their color #1 labelled "anvil" and use the anvil note names instead of the appropriate note names for what they are. I would fix it myself but I don't know how to.

Great work, thanks again!

I did notice that all of the unpitched percussion tracks have their color #1 labelled "anvil" and use the anvil note names instead of the appropriate note names for what they are. I would fix it myself but I don't know how to.
Whoops, it got late yesterday :)
It's an easy fix, will update the links soon

EDIT: Done (I just removed the word "Anvil" for each of them)

Last edited:
Did they change something with the scaling? Since the update the plugin window is suddenly larger - it can be changed in settings/interface/ (set to <1.0) but as it seems this value doesnt actually change the default (so it needs to be changed for every instance in the template?!)... really?!

Did they change something with the scaling? Since the update the plugin window is suddenly larger - it can be changed in settings/interface/ (set to <1.0) but as it seems this value doesnt actually change the default (so it needs to be changed for every instance in the template?!)... really?!
Hm didn't notice that. Neither did I change the size myself in the project

Hey, quick question about how to best use this template. Automating mod wheel/expression - how to best go about it? Do I automate the BBCSO plugin itself or pass midi data through BRSO Articulate? Does it even matter what approach I use? I just want to be able to do proper swells/hairpins/etc in the piano roll lol.

Hey, quick question about how to best use this template. Automating mod wheel/expression - how to best go about it? Do I automate the BBCSO plugin itself or pass midi data through BRSO Articulate? Does it even matter what approach I use? I just want to be able to do proper swells/hairpins/etc in the piano roll lol.
I made it with the purpose in mind to have everything (automation, keyswitches) done with BRSO. All functions are linked correctly and everything I change inside the BBCSO plug-in itself stays fixed once set

- reverb is now Valhalla Room (instead of RC48), which you of course can still replace by your own reverb 100% wet plugin
Hi, thanks for your work. I had an old template, i don't know from where, and was pleased to see, there is a improved one!
I wanted to ask, why you choose valhalla instead of the stock plugin Reeverb? Of yourse, i can change it every time. I don't want to buy valhalla.
And is this wet and dry thing neccessary? Why not using the mix level knob on the right of the FX slots?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your work. I had an old template, i don't know from where, and was pleased to see, there is a improved one!
I wanted to ask, why you choose valhalla instead of the stock plugin Reeverb? Of yourse, i can change it every time. I don't want to buy valhalla.
And is this wet and dry thing neccessary? Why not using the mix level knob on the right of the FX slots?

Thanks
Hi, glad you like it. Short answer to both: Personal habits. You don't need to buy Valhalla and can use any other reverb or non at all, I just don't like the stock verb inside FL Studio.
Also no need to use the XYZ Controller for wet / dry / panning. It's more of a "cool feature" that I, to be honest, didn't even include in other new templates as I recently found that I myself didn't make real use of it.

Thanks for your reply. Are the empty mixer track inserts for separation? Do they have any other purpose?
There is now one 'MAIN' Pattern. Do you add all the stuff for all instruments there, right? And the dynamics for example, there as well? And you use the dynamics knob provided by the plugin, right?

What it this line at the MAIN Pattern? I changed the violin 1 leader dynamics, which is already there, and now there is another line, which is the dynamics level. I like this, it's better than the filled areas i normally see. but this one line is still there.

And the instruments sections have separate colors too, it did'nt know this is possible. Very cool.

Ahhh wait, this line is the entirety of all other dynamics. I changed all and it's now gone.

Attachments

• yxcvrrerg.png
    yxcvrrerg.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Are the empty mixer track inserts for separation? Do they have any other purpose?
There is now one 'MAIN' Pattern. Do you add all the stuff for all instruments there, right? And the dynamics for example, there as well? And you use the dynamics knob provided by the plugin, right?

What it this line at the MAIN Pattern? I changed the violin 1 leader dynamics, which is already there, and now there is another line, which is the dynamics level. I like this, it's better than the filled areas i normally see. but this one line is still there.

And the instruments sections have separate colors too, it did'nt know this is possible. Very cool.
Sorry for not replying, I didn't check this thread in months. Hope you got it all figured out!

HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to the OP. Might you give me a breakdown of who you've sorted this or perhaps point me to something I might read to better understand this? The reason I ask is because the articulate plugin doesn't seem to change between articulations. Perhaps I'm missing something simple here?

Also, if I replace the verb plugins you've used with something else, what might I consider for the preset? Just something chamber/hall-ish?

Top Bottom