What's new

Back To Reality: Bohemian Violin + Metropolis Ark 2 - Composed on a livestream

Nice track ( as always )

rant on-

Forgive me brother, but this paints the argument as to why you should hire a real violin player (and choir for that matter as well). Just being honest. 2019 and here we are, people celebrating doing midi mockups and talking about incremental improvements to sample libraries all the while musicians are disappearing from the equation.
I realize it’s a bummer comment, but while I know it’s about making a few quid and selling to a library, it still feels like sex with a condom. A rather thick one at that.
But I appreciate your craft, entrepreneurship and desire for making music. If you were in a scoring situation and needed to bang out a track and get paid, sure, I’m there for ya, but making a video how to, posting it for others, it just feels wrong to me. Post me something you hired real people to interpret your vision and I’ll celebrate that.

...and I’ll buy you a few beers so we can remain civil

peace

Nice track ( as always )

rant on-

Forgive me brother, but this paints the argument as to why you should hire a real violin player (and choir for that matter as well). Just being honest. 2019 and here we are, people celebrating doing midi mockups and talking about incremental improvements to sample libraries all the while musicians are disappearing from the equation.
I realize it’s a bummer comment, but while I know it’s about making a few quid and selling to a library, it still feels like sex with a condom. A rather thick one at that.
But I appreciate your craft, entrepreneurship and desire for making music. If you were in a scoring situation and needed to bang out a track and get paid, sure, I’m there for ya, but making a video how to, posting it for others, it just feels wrong to me. Post me something you hired real people to interpret your vision and I’ll celebrate that.

peace
You do realise this is a forum for people who create music using virtual instruments, yeah?

Reactions: TGV
Nice track ( as always )

rant on-

peace

I unfortunately don't have the budget to hire live players every time I write a random piece of music....one day soon I hope so! As I mentioned, I did not intent to write this piece, it just sort of happened in the live stream. I got hit by the muse and I rode that wave until she left. Wasn't really time to call up and arrange a live choral session xD

Also this isn't library music, its just music I wrote for a live audience and then release later for them to enjoy. I am (much to the dismay of my wife) not really financially motivated in life, I just do the things I want to do.

Sample libraries are improving every year and making my job not only have better results (IMO) but its actually making it more fun for me to create, just watch the vid to see how much I enjoy playing the Violin patch :)

But to be honest yes I agree with you to a point, It would be much better with live players. But then so would most pieces! I do the best with what I have available.

Lastly, I don't mind people watching me work, I learned most of what I know from Youtube, I don't mind giving back if people are interested.

-DJ

If you were in a scoring situation and needed to bang out a track and get paid, sure, I’m there for ya, but making a video how to, posting it for others, it just feels wrong to me.

It's not like he's made a video on how to cook crystal meth :confused:

But I appreciate your craft, entrepreneurship and desire for making music. If you were in a scoring situation and needed to bang out a track and get paid, sure, I’m there for ya, but making a video how to, posting it for others, it just feels wrong to me.
Because doing a decent midi mock-up takes skill, the skill is learnable and useful, and it is therefore helpful to have someone show how they do it?

I unfortunately don't have the budget to hire live players every time I write a random piece of music....one day soon I hope so! As I mentioned, I did not intent to write this piece, it just sort of happened in the live stream. I got hit by the muse and I rode that wave until she left. Wasn't really time to call up and arrange a live choral session xD

Also this isn't library music, its just music I wrote for a live audience and then release later for them to enjoy. I am (much to the dismay of my wife) not really financially motivated in life, I just do the things I want to do.

Sample libraries are improving every year and making my job not only have better results (IMO) but its actually making it more fun for me to create, just watch the vid to see how much I enjoy playing the Violin patch :)

But to be honest yes I agree with you to a point, It would be much better with live players. But then so would most pieces! I do the best with what I have available.

Lastly, I don't mind people watching me work, I learned most of what I know from Youtube, I don't mind giving back if people are interested.

-DJ

Hey it’s all good. I like and appreciate your videos and music. More then anything it’s a case of trying to get people to think about the commercial value of the music we write. Yeah...we, cause I use VI’s like everyone here, can’t survive without them.

More then anything, I’m just musing about the decline in the value of music (from a commercial sense) because the buyers know we are using these tools.

carry on DJ, I’m a supporter fyi

Hey it’s all good. I like and appreciate your videos and music. More then anything it’s a case of trying to get people to think about the commercial value of the music we write. Yeah...we, cause I use VI’s like everyone here, can’t survive without them.

More then anything, I’m just musing about the decline in the value of music (from a commercial sense) because the buyers know we are using these tools.

carry on DJ, I’m a supporter fyi

The only people who would ever care what was used to make the track are other composers. People in general only really care about end result. I don't think about it much beyond that because then your are moving into peoples subjective feelings on it and you cant really do much there so why bother wasting the time and effort. I just make and share stuff, if people want to get involved then they are more than welcome. If they don't, I probably wasn't the guy for them anyway, I don't plan to change the way I do things to support people who don't really care for they way I do things anyway.

It's all good tho mate, thanks for checking it out regardless.

-DJ

Top Bottom