What's new

Automapping and a email from NI...

Dynamitec

Hi everybody!

This is a email i got from NI today:

"Hello Benjamin Stelzer,

das kontakt format können wir nicht veröffentlichen, das dies
ein wertvolles firmeneigentum darstellt.

vom produkatmanagement habe ich die info erhalten, dass automapping geplant ist, allerdings nicht mehr für dieses jahr...

viele grüsse
rico baade"

I'll translate it:

"Hello Benjamin Stelzer,

we can not publish the kontakt fileformat, since it is a valueable property of NI.

Productmanagement told me that automapping is planed but not for this year.

Best Greets,
Rico Baade"

I asked them if it would be possible to get infos to the kontakt fileformat (to develop a external automapping tool). Ok, i can understand them. However, i was wondering how other fileformats can imported or exported from other samples if no company would publish infos about the fileformat.

The good news is that automapping is planed. But we all know NI :( Not this year means in 2 years...maybe. But anyway: nice and FAST answer from support.

I've recently been using Giga 3 for mapping with the Wizard and then importing to K2.... it works great.

Cheers,

T

Hi Thonex,

thank you for your answer. There is only one problem: money. I'm still student (altough i have my own small company doing some graphics, mutlimedia and music stuff which doesn't make so much money yet) and i had bought studiomonitors (Electrovoice 100el!), Cubase, Wavleab, Kontakt, Drumkit from Hell (if you buy Kontakt 2 at Thomann.de you get get it for 399€, if you buy Drumkit from Hell AND Kontakt 2 you'll get both for 329€ - strange :) ) so there is no money left for Gigastudio just for mapping. And: i think NI have to work on this!!! They should take care of their users!

Top Bottom