What's new

Audioswift - Use Your Trackpad As A MIDI Control Surface (MAC)

• X-axis of one finger sends CC1 (Dynamics)
  • Y-axis of one finger sends CC11 (Vibrato) and returns to default value 0
  • Switch of one finger sends CC25 (Sustain)
  • Switch of two fingers sends CC26 (Staccato)
  • Switch of three fingers sends CC27 (Spiccato)
Are these CC numbers user assignable? For example, could I switch CC25 to CC2? This is an awesome app for Mac users!

Hello! This app looks seriously good and useful. I am a PC user and was wondering if you are considering porting the app or developing a similar one for Windows. I got a Faderport, and it is fine for what it does, but I can't assign other CCs. I tried Touchdaw, but I think I'd rather try something like this.

And... If anyone could suggest another option, I'd be much obliged.

Hi. I've finished the official AudioSwift User Guide. If you'd like to download it for quick reference, go to our tutorial section.

I'm working on a new update that will include new features for the Trigger Mode, very useful for people triggering samples or instrument's articulation from the trackpad.

AudioSwift is on sale until March 31, 2019. Get 30% off using the code GOLDENFROG30. Go to www.audioswiftapp.com.

SpringSale.gif

Last edited:
Hi. I've been working on a new AudioSwift update. I have a beta version if you would like to try it now. This is a work in progress. Maybe you could find some of the new features useful in your workflow.

-Nigel

AudioSwift 2.0.2 Beta

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • In this new beta version, I recoded the Console GUI from scratch and added a couple of new features. Please let me know if you find any bug.
  • All your current settings and the license key code should work properly on the new beta version and also in the old version if you go back later.
  • The Trigger Mode GUI is totally blank. I’m going to redesign it in the coming weeks to add labels on each pad and group them together in banks like in the Slider Mode. You can still use the Trigger Mode; however, you can’t change its settings.

What’s New?
  • Adds option to turn AudioSwift off automatically if the user doesn’t touch the trackpad again after a second. Go to Preferences > General Tab.
  • Adds option to turn AudioSwift off automatically when the play head stops. Go to Preferences > Mixer Tab. Note: The Mixer Mode should be configured first for this to work, even if the user doesn’t plan to work fully in Mixer Mode.
  • Adds option “Control Change (Inv)” in the CC and Pitch Bend menus for the Slider and XY Modes. These feature inverts the MIDI signal of each controller: moving left and down increases the MIDI values; moving up and right decreases the values.
  • Adds new keyboard commands to enable automation modes on a track. Keys shortcuts U, I, O, P will activate Read, Write, Touch and Latch. Note: this feature is only available in Logic Pro, Studio One and Reaper. The Mixer Mode should be configured first.
  • The P key for panning stereo tracks in Pro Tools has been changed to the D key.
  • MIDI CC values are displayed in the Console window in real time.
  • The last bank used in Slider Mode will be remembered after launching.
  • New key shortcuts Z and X replicates the functions of the period and comma keys to change views, banks, and octaves in the XY, Slider and Scale Modes respectively. These keys also change the views in Mixer Mode.
  • New key shortcuts C and V replicates the functions of the N and M keys to change the tonic note one semitone in the Scale Mode. These keys also change the tracks in Mixer Mode.
  • New key shortcut B changes the DAW in Mixer Mode, toggles the Panel settings in the XY Mode, and changes the Lanes in Slider Mode.
  • Dark Mode support in MacOS 10.14 Mojave.
  • Updated to Swift 4.2 and MacOS 10.14 SDK.

https://audioswiftapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/AudioSwift-2-0-2-Beta.dmg (Download AudioSwift 2.0.2 Beta)

New version 2.0.5 Beta has been released! It fixes a bug and adds the option to use a 15 pads configuration. Visit the website to download the file. AudioSwift is on sale until July 21, 2019 using code GOLDENFROG30.

Here is another video showing how the range of a CME Xkey Air 25 controller can be extended using a Magic Trackpad 2 as an MPE controller side by side. X-axis controls pitch bend and the Y-axis modulation.

Hi. I've released AudioSwift 2.0.7 Beta. You can find it here: https://audioswiftapp.com/beta/

Changes:
  • Fixes a bug that wasn’t allowing to turn AudioSwift off when moving a regular mouse (a non-Magic Mouse).
  • Adds option for playing chords in Trigger Mode (still in development).

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 12.30.53 PM.png

Each pad is a major chord by default in root position. To change it, right click the pad and choose a chord.

You can also use key shortcuts. With AudioSwift on, press Command and tap the desired pad to change to the next chord. With Command + Shift, it goes backward.

To use another inversion, right click and select Next Inversion. The key shortcut is Command + Option and tap the pad.

For the moment, if you choose a scale it won't set up the chords automatically. Also the options Paste Chord and Paste Chord to All don't do anything. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Nigel

Last edited:
01-AudioSwift-2.1-Release-e1569981049700.png

Now with MPE support!

AudioSwift has been updated to version 2.1 with great features. The new design of the Trigger Mode now supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) for multidimensional control of many parameters per note, within MPE compatible software. The trackpad becomes an ultra compact MPE controller for music production and sound design.

Users in Trigger Mode can play quick melodies in a chosen key with polyphonic expression. Horizontal and vertical movements send pitch bend and control change messages per MIDI note. This version also adds a new type called Chords that lets trigger a pad and play a chord, helping the user generate chord progressions easily.

AudioSwift version 2.1 is a free update for existing users. The regular price is $24 and it’s 30% off with coupon code GOLDENFROG30 until October 31, 2019. Try the free trial at www.audioswiftapp.com.

What's new in version 2.1?
  • MPE support in Trigger Mode.
  • New type Chords in Trigger Mode.
  • Option to set scales and chords in Trigger Mode.
  • Adds labels in Trigger Mode.
  • Adds 8, 15, 16 and 20 pads configurations in Trigger Mode.
  • Divides the pads in banks. Up 180 configurable pads.
  • Option to copy, paste and reset pads and banks.
  • CC values are shown in real time on the Console in XY and Slider Modes.
  • Option to invert CC values in XY and Slider Modes.
  • Adds two more options to turn off AudioSwift automatically.
  • Adds new keyboard shortcuts.
  • Adds automation modes.
  • Updated to Swift 5 and macOS 10.14 SDK with dark mode support.
  • Notarized and ready for macOS 10.15 Catalina.

01-AudioSwift-2.1-Release-e1569981049700.png

Now with MPE support!

AudioSwift has been updated to version 2.1 with great features. The new design of the Trigger Mode now supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) for multidimensional control of many parameters per note, within MPE compatible software. The trackpad becomes an ultra compact MPE controller for music production and sound design.

Users in Trigger Mode can play quick melodies in a chosen key with polyphonic expression. Horizontal and vertical movements send pitch bend and control change messages per MIDI note. This version also adds a new type called Chords that lets trigger a pad and play a chord, helping the user generate chord progressions easily.

AudioSwift version 2.1 is a free update for existing users. The regular price is $24 and it’s 30% off with coupon code GOLDENFROG30 until October 31, 2019. Try the free trial at www.audioswiftapp.com.

What's new in version 2.1?
  • MPE support in Trigger Mode.
  • New type Chords in Trigger Mode.
  • Option to set scales and chords in Trigger Mode.
  • Adds labels in Trigger Mode.
  • Adds 8, 15, 16 and 20 pads configurations in Trigger Mode.
  • Divides the pads in banks. Up 180 configurable pads.
  • Option to copy, paste and reset pads and banks.
  • CC values are shown in real time on the Console in XY and Slider Modes.
  • Option to invert CC values in XY and Slider Modes.
  • Adds two more options to turn off AudioSwift automatically.
  • Adds new keyboard shortcuts.
  • Adds automation modes.
  • Updated to Swift 5 and macOS 10.14 SDK with dark mode support.
  • Notarized and ready for macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Amazing! I love Audioswift! Thanks for the update :)

Top Bottom