What's new

Audioswift - Use Your Trackpad As A MIDI Control Surface (MAC)

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician

NEW – AudioSwift 2.3.0 with Bitwig Studio Support & Universal Binary​

AudioSwift has been updated to version 2.3.0, a free update to the macOS software that turns your trackpad into a MIDI controller. It’s now Universal Binary with native support for both Intel and Apple Silicon M1 computers, and has integration with Bitwig Studio in Mixer Mode. You can easily control faders and panning in Bitwig Studio using simple touch gestures on the trackpad, just like with other DAWs supported.

This new version also improves the XY Mode in View 1 by separating the controllers per finger for complex modulation in sound design (go to Preferences > Slider & XY). It includes better support for the Magic Mouse when it’s used as a MIDI controller in Mixer Mode and adds a new key shortcut to open the trackpad utility window (press K).

AudioSwift’s configuration with Bitwig Studio in Mixer Mode is done using the third-party script DrivenByMoss. Check out this new video tutorial to see how it works:

AudioSwift 2.3.0 is a free update for all existing users. Click Check for Updates in the app or click here to download the file.

New in version 2.3.0​

• Adds native support for both Intel & M1 Macs (Universal Binary).
  • Adds Bitwig Studio support in Mixer Mode.
  • Improved XY Mode in View 1; now the controllers can independently send MIDI messages by fingers. Go to Preferences > Slider & XY.
  • Improved Magic Mouse support in Mixer Mode.
  • New keyboard shortcut to open and close the trackpad window (press K).
  • Fixes an issue when changing tracks and sends in Mixer Mode under Big Sur.
  • Fixes an issue with the Touch Bar disappearing when it’s touched.
  • Fixes an issue where Bank D doesn’t appear in the menu in Trigger Mode when the number of pads is set to 15.
  • Fixes an issue when choosing Single Note chord option in Trigger Mode and selects Octave instead.
  • Fixes an issue in XY Mode when clicking the Control Panel causing the Console to not change the view.
  • Drops support for macOS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Now the minimum macOS requirement is 10.12 Sierra.

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
AudioSwift with Hive 2. Each finger controls a different XY pad independently at the same time.

AudioSwift is on sale. Get 30% off using code GOLDENFROG30.

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
Universal Audio LUNA Recording System supports MCU control surfaces. AudioSwift is MCU compatible, which means your trackpad could be used as a handy mixing controller surface for LUNA with simple touches.

I don’t have an UAD interface to actually give it a test. If you do and want to try, checkout this article from the UA website. It explains the setup in LUNA and should be similar to what you can do with AudioSwift and your DAW. Just select AudioSwift port 1 as the MIDI port in LUNA and in AudioSwift > Preferences > Mixer > Primary DAW on port 1, choose Generic or Logic Pro.

Let me know if it works fine.

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
BLACK FRIDAY SALE! - Get 50% off with coupon code BLACKFRIDAY50 until December 3rd, 2021.

Looking for a way to control your virtual instruments? Looking for a MIDI CC mobile solution? Try using your trackpad with AudioSwift for macOS.

A video demo with a MacBook Pro, XKey Air 25 and BBCSO Discover. For more information visit https://audioswiftapp.com

Audio Birdi

BLACK FRIDAY SALE! - Get 50% off with coupon code BLACKFRIDAY50 until December 3rd, 2021.

Looking for a way to control your virtual instruments? Looking for a MIDI CC mobile solution? Try using your trackpad with AudioSwift for macOS.

A video demo with a MacBook Pro, XKey Air 25 and BBCSO Discover. For more information visit https://audioswiftapp.com

Awesome software and a great deal! Just bought it :D Already have a standalone Apple Trackpad for Windows with Precision drivers. Will get an M1 Mac to go with it next year, patiently waiting for the Intel i7 Mac Mini replacement and for plugins to become more Apple Silicone compatible :) Here's hoping an M1 Max + 64gb RAM Mac Mini is possible, or wait and see what an AS Mac Pro consists of too!

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
USE HEADPHONES - In this demo, I'm controlling the Surround Panner in Ableton Live via the MacBook's Trackpad and AudioSwift. AudioSwift for macOS transforms the trackpad into a MIDI controller, in this case an XY pad. Using Ableton Live instant mapping feature, each number of fingers on the trackpad controls different parameters:

- One finger controls the XY Pad.
- Two fingers control Focus.
- Three fingers control Center.

The drum loop is routed to two different sends, Front and Back, each one with different settings of Hybrid Reverb.

For more information about AudioSwift, please visit: https://audioswiftapp.com

How to use Instant Mapping in Ableton Live with AudioSwift: https://audioswiftapp.com/instant-mapping-with-ableton-live-and-audioswift/

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
Black Friday is around the corner and AudioSwift is on sale. Get 50% off using coupon code BLACKFRIDAY50.

Visit https://audioswiftapp.com/

Here is a demo using a MacBook Trackpad to make a beat with MPE. Moving the finger horizontally changes the pitch of the drum sample. Drum sounds from a kit in Ableton Live 11 Suite.

Golden Frog

Developer | Musician
The Black Friday sale ends tomorrow. Get AudioSwift with the lowest price of the year. 50% off using code BLACKFRIDAY50.

Visit ➡️ https://audioswiftapp.com/

54FE3976-E91D-4270-A74D-BD53BAF128F2.jpeg

I just want to let you know I tested AudioSwift as a Dolby Atmos controller for Logic Pro 10.7 and it worked well. Click here for a short demo on my Instagram. I’m working on a tutorial on how to set it up, but basically all you need to do is map the 3D Object Panner parameters like Left/Right and Back/Front to an XY pad, and the other parameters to sliders. Use View 3 in the XY Mode and Logic Pro’s Learn Mode. Change the controller formats to Relative A in the AudioSwift Console, and to Sign Magnitude/Relative in Logic’s Controller Assignments window.

Top Bottom