What's new

Aperture: The Stack — 56 Amps. 4 Subs. AIR Lyndhurst Hall.

I had the pleasure last night to discover the stack!
Really big and huge sound ! Check your meters, it hits quickly in the red when you turn up the dynamics + expression + reverb :)
A real pleasure to discover anyway. As said in another message, the amplitude of the sound really gives the impression to be on stage or to compose the soundtrack of Blade Runner 2049 with Hans Zimmer ! I don't remember hearing that on any other lib.
What I think is missing: more freedom, more presets!
When you play with such a sound you want to use the amp wall as you would use MiR Pro or Amplitube.
You want to be able to modify the synth and guitar presets, throw Massive, Arturia Collection, even Omnisphere in there or whatever.
I'm sure that modeling or IR won't give the same result as sampling. But as a compromise, it would be really great to have a little more control over the settings of the different sounds.
I'm well aware that it wouldn't be worth the same price, but I don't know, maybe a pro version would be great.
Anyway, there's already a lot of fun to be had! Bravo for the idea Spitfire !

Yes. Now I have OAE, I think you're right. OAE seems much more focussed on the FX end of the spectrum, weird and unusual articulations, rather than proper "notes" like OACE seems to have. Oh well, one to get in the future as well, maybe. I think it's possible to recreate OACE using CSS and some FX processing, might resample CSS and make my own instrument in Falcon, put some granular stretch on it etc.
Unlike OA Chamber Evos, OAE sounds like Ólafur Arnalds buried alive in a coffin full of slightly detuned stringed instruments and a feral cat in Reykjavík trying to claw his way out before he freezes to death.

Ah well! I tried and I tried and tried some more but resistance was futile. LCO Textures + British Drama Toolkit = Free Aperture The Stack. Will be composing my Bladerunner 2077 score shortly.

Ahh this happens every year. I panic when I see the clock counting down on Spitfire's website and I give into the GAS!

I caved just before deadline. Got The Ton (OAE), The Black Weekend (NEO) and moonglades and Alex Epton, which qualified me for The Stack.

Should be a pretty diverse bunch of sounds, just what I was looking for.

Went with the SSO Pro Chamber upgrade (with SCS Pro instead of SSS Pro, since I use SCS a lot more). I figured with BBCSO Core and the AR1 expansions collection, I can get those one at a time during the next 40% off sales. The SSO Pro upgrade was a single item over $350 to get Aperture Stack.

Last edited:
Wow. This thing has some Ooomph!!! to it. Afrorack has some nice pulses, too! Perfect for dystopian and Blade Runner style scoring! :emoji_ok_hand:

WHOA! This thing is a monster! I'm LOVING this new freebie! I can see this getting LOTS of use!

WHOA! This thing is a monster! I'm LOVING this new freebie! I can see this getting LOTS of use!
Yeah, it's a beast. I'm seriously impressed with this. My only real complaint is the same one I had with Aperture Orchestra last year. I wish there was an option to have the aperture control not affect the overall volume. As in, I would have liked to have the option, when opening up the aperture, to keep the levels the same, just have the timbre change. I can automate this by pulling down the expression as the aperture is opened, but that's just an extra step that shouldn't be needed.

Yeah, it's a beast. I'm seriously impressed with this. My only real complaint is the same one I had with Aperture Orchestra last year. I wish there was an option to have the aperture control not affect the overall volume. As in, I would have liked to have the option, when opening up the aperture, to keep the levels the same, just have the timbre change. I can automate this by pulling down the expression as the aperture is opened, but that's just an extra step that shouldn't be needed.
Totally agree. This would be a great feature.

Top Bottom