What's new

JADE Ethnic Orchestra - Final week of the 40% off Sale!

It's a good library, I agree - hence why I wanted to keep it! I'd trade it for RA, which I had bought before getting on CC, in a heartbeat.
But JADE has a lot more to it, has instruments that I'd definately want to add to my collection (e.g. Morin Khuur is a big one), and will innevitably be more up to date than a library released at least 11 years ago.
I agree. I like Silk, but never would have bought it if I knew this was coming out. Although Silk does have some instruments that aren't included in JEO, notably a bawu and instruments from Persia and Inda.

But I expect that there are more big Asian libraries coming, but given the way the world is today, it will be a long time unless they are already recorded. It just seems like a logical thing for Eduardo Tarilonte to do one someday, or maybe the next NI Discovery Library.

legit curious if the bowed instruments here could fill the boyred lyre gap for me.

I'm not fully convinced by dark era and dknt want to pay full price for it

This library is wonderful. I joined the beta team and am working with the (not completely finished) library. The samples are tuned well but somehow they've preserved the craziness that you want in an authentic, non-traditional-orchestra library. And for those who like it their legato functionality is very strong.

One of the most interesting parts has been the Mongolian vocals, which are wild and fun. The flutes play so naturally and they have avoided the dynamic vagaries that I've found are pretty common with regional / geographic libraries in the past.

Some of the bowed instruments don't lend themselves to the 'super delicate' end of the dynamic range -- they're kind of beasts, but there's actually quite a lot more than is in the beta so I'm looking forward to the final.
Yep, absolute affirmation to what John says!

Nice to see the Choirs, but.. I will most likely not use them much, so for my needs, this is a luxury bonus in this library, I'm more interested in the actual instruments, solo & ensemble.

Nice to see the Choirs, but.. I will most likely not use them much, so for my needs, this is a luxury bonus in this library, I'm more interested in the actual instruments, solo & ensemble.

fair enough, but I just used their choirs in a cue that was kind of ominous and they added an awesome extra zest to it -- not featured, but there.

It just wouldn't feel like a strezov sample library if it wouldn't include choirs. :) I think some very interesting textures can be achieved with the these choirs judging from the video. Certainly agree with JohnG here.

I guess a lot of us need a little more information now. Because shelling out 400-500 for a specialized library from a western perspective is a lot to ask. I mean, we are all interested in such a great library, but does it justify the investment, if you are not a professional media composer or have a chinese wife? If I integrate one or two chinese character instruments from time to time into my compositions, am I not better off in spending a fraction of the costs into EW Silk on sale now and wait for a sale on this one that may happen in a few years?

After three walkthrough videos by Strezov about bonus content, when will we see something about the stars of the library? Are they four times as playable, usable and good sounding as the instruments in EW Silk? Will we inevitably most likely double dip, if we go with EW Silk now and upgrade to JEO later on anyways? Does investing in JEO make Silk completely redundant? Or will there still be a place for the Silk instruments alongside the instruments of JEO?

And most importantly for somebody who hasn't used any of the Play libraries yet, may EW Silk be a PITA to get into, and JEO would save me a lot of trouble and get creative and productive right out of the box?

To make some interesting comparisons: Silk + CSW or Silk + Omnisphere or JEO. Which combination would you choose? Is JEO really that much more useful? Or is it just newer and more varied as Silk? Is JEO more easily to blend into a typical orchestral or trailer composition and thus gets used more often in the end? The Silk examples on youtube sound pretty stereotypical. I see a place for both situations. Can we play JEO in a pretty stereotypical way also?

I hope I am not the only one who still has a lot of questions to be answered before placing a preorder, which isn't a smart way to do a lot of the times. Why doesn't Strezov extend the introductory price into the first week of its release? We shouldn't support such sales tactics anyways.

I agree 100%. I would love to pre-order this library but I need to see a proper walkthrough of the main Plucked & Bowed Strings and Flutes. And ideally not a day before the pre-order sale ends.

I guess a lot of us need a little more information now. Because shelling out 400-500 for a specialized library from a western perspective is a lot to ask. I mean, we are all interested in such a great library, but does it justify the investment, if you are not a professional media composer or have a chinese wife? If I integrate one or two chinese character instruments from time to time into my compositions, am I not better off in spending a fraction of the costs into EW Silk on sale now and wait for a sale on this one that may happen in a few years?

After three walkthrough videos by Strezov about bonus content, when will we see something about the stars of the library? Are they four times as playable, usable and good sounding as the instruments in EW Silk? Will we inevitably most likely double dip, if we go with EW Silk now and upgrade to JEO later on anyways? Does investing in JEO make Silk completely redundant? Or will there still be a place for the Silk instruments alongside the instruments of JEO?

And most importantly for somebody who hasn't used any of the Play libraries yet, may EW Silk be a PITA to get into, and JEO would save me a lot of trouble and get creative and productive right out of the box?

To make some interesting comparisons: Silk + CSW or Silk + Omnisphere or JEO. Which combination would you choose? Is JEO really that much more useful? Or is it just newer and more varied as Silk? Is JEO more easily to blend into a typical orchestral or trailer composition and thus gets used more often in the end? The Silk examples on youtube sound pretty stereotypical. I see a place for both situations. Can we play JEO in a pretty stereotypical way also?

I hope I am not the only one who still has a lot of questions to be answered before placing a preorder, which isn't a smart way to do a lot of the times. Why doesn't Strezov extend the introductory price into the first week of its release? We shouldn't support such sales tactics anyways.

Walkthrough videos are released each week. There is 3 weeks left. Strings and woodwinds for sure will be showcased at least a week before the release date.

However, I do agree with you guys, an intro price the first two weeks would be nice. Enough time to see tracks and reviews growing on Youtube.

I'm sure @StrezovSampling bois are carefully reading our comments ;)

Top Bottom