What's new

Anime Music

Kevinside

For me there are some anime osts out there, which are outstanding...
but Yoko Kanno is everything, i ever need, cause her compositions are so great...
Macross,Escaflowne,Gits Sac,Aquarion,Turn A Gundam,Cowboy Bebop and so much more...
so domo arigato for this wonderful emotional music...

stefandy31

Michiru Oshima(Full Metal Alchemist, Little Witch Academia) did a good job on anime Yagate Kimi ni naru which is a story about yuri romance (between girl and girl). Actually it's my first time watching this genre and so far its really good and the soundtrack is amazing. she is using a lot woodwind section and piano in this soundtrack.

stefandy31

Girl's Last Tour or Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou by Kenichiro Suehiro. i think the soundtrack is pretty good and unique. Well, the story itself is about two girls trying to survive in the post apocalypse world. I really enjoy this anime because the atmosphere is beautiful and imo the atmosphere is similiar like Nier Automata.

Full Playlist

rmak

I am going down my (admittedly limited (to Adult Swim circa 2004-2005)) anime memory lane.

Incredible playing by the musicians at these sessions.

(gorgeous, regardless of the Bill Evans "quotes")

(ditto for the Guilmant quote)
I see wolf's rain album on Spotify, but the song names are different maybe? They are all by Yoko Kanno? I will listen to the album tomorrow on Spotify; hopefully, some of the tracks are just named differently.

rmak

There may have been more than one album.
yea I think a lot of the Japanese composers don't have songs on Spotify. Do you know if YouTube is the only source of where I can play their music? If for instance, I am listening in the car. I guess making a YouTube playlist is the way to go? thanks.

stefandy31

Full Metal Alchemist (2003) composed by Michiru Oshima. Actually there are 2 version which is 2003 version are more seinen(adult) and 2007 version are more shounen(teenager), but most of people prefer the new version because its focus more about story. But i personally prefer the 2003 version because its more darker, good filler and very great soundtrack imo.

I hope i'm not spamming too much in this thread.

elliebean

Memories is a collection of three short films released under a single title. Each one is wildly different in tone and style and done by different composers. This is the intro to the second one, Stink Bomb which was composed by Jun Miyake as far as I'm aware. I recommend watching the actual short film as it's pretty silly and I don't really want to spoil the premise too much. The second track is off the soundtrack for Berserk, which was composed by Susumu Hirusawa, which I already know someone in this thread said they liked. Particularly the latter half of the song I find very emotionally affecting.

Last edited:

Wes Antczak

yea I think a lot of the Japanese composers don't have songs on Spotify. Do you know if YouTube is the only source of where I can play their music? If for instance, I am listening in the car. I guess making a YouTube playlist is the way to go? thanks.
I've wondered about this as well and I'm thinking that perhaps there is a Japanese alternative to Spotify that Japanese composers use? Are there any Japanese composers on here who might be able to tell us?

doctoremmet

Any Gundam experts in here? I feel like watching a classic anime mecha franchise, and Gundam appears to be one of the first and one of the best. Where to begin?

OP
kmaster

kmaster

Sleepy Member
Oh! and I highly recommend Gurren Lagann as a good way to whet your mecha appetite on a much shorter commitment scale.

Sunny Schramm

Any Gundam experts in here? I feel like watching a classic anime mecha franchise, and Gundam appears to be one of the first and one of the best. Where to begin?
Not Gundam but for some short action-time I liked the "Appleseed" and some other Mech-Action-Movies back then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom