What's new

"ALIENS in Full Score" from Chris Siddall Music Publishing

Hi all. Yes it was sent by me, and a very tough email to send. I'm equally if not even more disappointed that we haven't succeeded in shipping in time for Christmas but faced with the choice of compromising the quality of the end product, I feel that the lesser of two evils is to give the printer the time they need to do the fantastic job I know they now will.

With regards to Brexit and customs after Jan 1st, nobody knows for sure (what a ridiculous situation), but I can say this as far as I know it right now:

Printed sheet music is tax exempt and ships under a specific commodity code that identifies it specifically as printed sheet music. I don't have direct control over what any customs agent will decide to do when these packages cross their desks, but they will all ship with a properly filled in customs declaration that should mean no additional charges are applied.

I look forward to seeing everyone's reactions when they do finally get their hands on these books. Any feedback about the books themselves, the packaging they're shipped in, any issues with customs, whatever it is I would love to hear it. Please feel free to contact me on [email protected]

We also have a Twitter account and Facebook page where you can reach us and hopefully enthuse about your new scores!!! https://www.twitter.com/csmusicservices (www.twitter.com/csmusicservices) www.facebook.com/chrissiddallmusic

Saw a post on FSM that someone copied (presumably from an email from Chris) indicating this won’t ship until the new year due to production delays arising from Covid.

Disappointing but understandable. I’ve had to tell more customers than I care to about massive delays, especially on Fender guitars (the EVH are all delayed until July 2021).

At least there will be something to look forward to in 2021!

I received an email to this effect as well. It's understandable though. Trying to get anything produced and shipped at this time of year even in normal circumstances is a challenge, let alone with the pandemic happening.

Hi all. Yes it was sent by me, and a very tough email to send. I'm equally if not even more disappointed that we haven't succeeded in shipping in time for Christmas but faced with the choice of compromising the quality of the end product, I feel that the lesser of two evils is to give the printer the time they need to do the fantastic job I know they now will.

With regards to Brexit and customs after Jan 1st, nobody knows for sure (what a ridiculous situation), but I can say this as far as I know it right now:

Printed sheet music is tax exempt and ships under a specific commodity code that identifies it specifically as printed sheet music. I don't have direct control over what any customs agent will decide to do when these packages cross their desks, but they will all ship with a properly filled in customs declaration that should mean no additional charges are applied.

I look forward to seeing everyone's reactions when they do finally get their hands on these books. Any feedback about the books themselves, the packaging they're shipped in, any issues with customs, whatever it is I would love to hear it. Please feel free to contact me on [email protected]

We also have a Twitter account and Facebook page where you can reach us and hopefully enthuse about your new scores!!! https://www.twitter.com/csmusicservices (www.twitter.com/csmusicservices) www.facebook.com/chrissiddallmusic
Thanks Chris. We all understand. I think the disappointment is only because it looks like an amazing release that we are all looking forward to studying once it arrives! Cheers and all the best

Huge congrats on the "Aliens" score.

Allow me to add myself to the list of people who are frothing at the mouth to get their hands on "The Rocketeer" in full conductor score (I could forgive the lack of "Begin the Beguine"). It was the first film score I ever purchased on audio CD, and I still think it's one of Horner's best efforts.

Huge congrats on the "Aliens" score.

Allow me to add myself to the list of people who are frothing at the mouth to get their hands on "The Rocketeer" in full conductor score (I could forgive the lack of "Begin the Beguine"). It was the first film score I ever purchased on audio CD, and I still think it's one of Horner's best efforts.
Thanks. I've been waiting a long time for the Rocketeer license and covid isn't helping speed that along, so watch this space, but don't hold your breath! I'd like to do the "trifecta" and also do The Phantom and The Shadow.

I received mine as well this morning. I'm extremely impressed by the outstanding level of detail, quality and expertise that has gone into the production of this impressive score. I shall look forward to reading it and learning from it.

IMG_5665-min.jpg
IMG_5666-min.jpg
IMG_5669-min.jpg

Many thanks,
Darren

P.S. I'm not certain I'm allowed to post a photo of the score itself, so please let me know if not and I'll delete it.

I received mine as well this morning. I'm extremely impressed by the outstanding level of detail, quality and expertise that has gone into the production of this impressive score. I shall look forward to reading it and learning from it.

IMG_5665-min.jpg
IMG_5666-min.jpg
IMG_5669-min.jpg

Many thanks,
Darren

P.S. I'm not certain I'm allowed to post a photo of the score itself, so please let me know if not and I'll delete it.
Seeing as you're saying nice things, I'll allow it.....!!! Seriously though, I'm really excited that everyone's starting to receive them. Feedback very much welcomed. If you feel so inclined, please use the #AliensInFullScore and I will be sure to see your tweets etc.

Who's going to be first to do an "unboxing" video?!?

I've just got back home after being away for a few days on a business trip, and was hoping to see this waiting on my desk.... and to my delight it was.

I've only had a cursory look through it, but it looks simply fabulous. Chris, you should be very proud of your work.

However, we are hard taskmasters here, so you can have the rest of this evening off, but then you need to get back to working on The Rocketeer.......

(BTW, have you sold out yet, because if not we need to get the word out....)

Haha well I'll keep you posted. Whilst those two are on my "to do" list, I'm pretty certain that nobody would guess what Book 2 is going to be without some serious hint dropping. You're going to love it though. A huge contrast to Aliens and I'm absolutely loving working on it.

With regards to stock, no I'm not sold out yet, but to be fair I held off any active promotion of it once it became clear that production would be delayed. That being said, there aren't very many left!

Got mine too -- it is a fantastic looking/feeling book. Truly great job @chrissiddall.

Early revelations:

1) That weird squeaky thing just before the shit hits the fan in Futile Escape (which I always thought was a solo violin being tortured) is in fact a bowed styrofoam cup.

2) Despite having only two weeks to write the score, Horner apparently found time to notate clusters so dense that they had to be broken out into an appendix in this score.

I'm sure there'll be more:).

Got mine too -- it is a fantastic looking/feeling book. Truly great job @chrissiddall.

Early revelations:

1) That weird squeaky thing just before the shit hits the fan in Futile Escape (which I always thought was a solo violin being tortured) is in fact a bowed styrofoam cup.

2) Despite having only two weeks to write the score, Horner apparently found time to notate clusters so dense that they had to be broken out into an appendix in this score.

I'm sure there'll be more:).
I know when Giacchino whined about not having enough time on Rogue One (I think it was 4 weeks and that dude has a massive team to assist him), a few industry pros basically told him to quit bitching and how Horner had a fraction of that time and still came up with Aliens. Goldenthal had a couple weeks to score Interview with the Vampire and was reportedly sick as a dog too and still delivered it on time. Both these "rushed" scores were Oscar nominated in their respective years too.

If Chris is listening, Interview with the Vampire would be an AWESOME release! Hint hint.

Top Bottom