What's new

"ALIENS in Full Score" from Chris Siddall Music Publishing

Hi all, shameless plug time, sorry! I see a lot of love for Tim's Omni Music Publishing scores here (and rightfully so!), so I hope you will enjoy this, my first complete score release (I've published several single cues, concert suites and other works before). It goes to print in a couple of weeks and should ship in time for Christmas and I mean, what better gift to receive than this eh?!? :laugh:

Pre-order Here

Oh, and if someone wants to start a "Guess the next CSMP release" thread, I'd love to see it! I'll say that I'm a child of the 80s (1980 to be exact), so 80s and 90s films hold a warm place in my heart! ;)
I will also pre-emptively say that yes, I am planning to also release Alien and Alien 3 but need a little break from that tone of score before I tackle them. Right now I could happily go the rest of my life without seeing another cluster glissando! :grin:

Advert.jpg Pages From Aliens - 4M1 LV-246 - Full Score_Page_1.jpg Pages from Aliens - Combined - Full Score_Page_2.jpg Pages from Aliens - Combined - Full Score_Page_3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
chrissiddall

chrissiddall

This was an instant buy for me!

Thanks for doing this Chris - a lot of very hard work I would imagine!

You're very welcome. Tim at Omni Music Publishing and myself are on a mission to make these scores available to people. He's got a head start, but with two of us on the case you can look forward to some really tasty titles over the coming years (and you won't have to wait long for some real corkers)!!

With this one, prepare your body for the full string divisi, cluster glissando experience, it's wild! ("div. a 58") :eek:

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
I am so happy to see this coming out.

I had moved to London to start my degree, and decided to explore the city during my first couple of days there. I ended up sitting in the Odeon Marble arch, watching this film in 70mm Dolby Surround. I remember the pre-show auditorium background music fading precisely into the opening titles. I'd never come across that before.

What a blast that movie was to a young man who'd just arrived from the shires into the big city - and the score was incredible. I went back the next day to see it again !

I am so pre-ordering this - I can't wait to torture some of my sample libraries with this score, and as a study source - well - it'll keep me well occupied over Christmas.

Niah2

Thank you for doing this. I am big fan of Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 and I especially love all their scores.

Congratulations and looking forward Alien and Alien 3.

Michael Antrum

Oh, and if someone wants to start a "Guess the next CSMP release" thread, I'd love to see it! I'll say that I'm a child of the 80s (1980 to be exact), so 80s and 90s films hold a warm place in my heart! ;)
I will also pre-emptively say that yes, I am planning to also release Alien and Alien 3 but need a little break from that tone of score before I tackle them. Right now I could happily go the rest of my life without seeing another cluster glissando! :grin:

I would absolutely love to own the full score from a very underrated film from 1991 with a cracking score, also from James Horner....

I'd love to see this on my bookshelf....

images.jpeg

Last edited:

dcoscina

I'd love to see the following scores:

Goldsmith
Legend
Final Conflict
Papillon
First Blood

Horner
Rocketeer
Wrath of Khan

Korngold
The Sea Hawk

James Newton Howard
Wyatt Earp
Unbreakable
Grand Canyon

I can think of more, but I have to get back to work. ;)

dcoscina

Hi all, shameless plug time, sorry! I see a lot of love for Tim's Omni Music Publishing scores here (and rightfully so!), so I hope you will enjoy this, my first complete score release (I've published several single cues, concert suites and other works before). It goes to print in a couple of weeks and should ship in time for Christmas and I mean, what better gift to receive than this eh?!? :laugh:

Pre-order Here

View attachment 38901 View attachment 38909 View attachment 38903 View attachment 38904
Will you be offering PDF versions for sale for those of us in Canada going broke on shipping charges?

OP
chrissiddall

chrissiddall

Will you be offering PDF versions for sale for those of us in Canada going broke on shipping charges?

Sorry, but digital licensing is not economically viable (significantly more expensive than print) with already tight margins, and just makes it even easier for everyone to throw up on the score sharing sites/forums.

tl;dr No. Sorry.

OP
chrissiddall

chrissiddall

That's payback for the high shipping charges to the UK from Omni.....

Omni want $53 for posting a book to the UK :faint:

Tim keeps it as low as possible, and has worked hard to find alternative providers. At the end of the day, sometimes you have to pay the price you're given.

dcoscina

Sorry, but digital licensing is not economically viable (significantly more expensive than print) with already tight margins, and just makes it even easier for everyone to throw up on the score sharing sites/forums.

tl;dr No. Sorry.
Totally understand. Worth asking but I totally get it.

Michael Antrum

Tim keeps it as low as possible, and has worked hard to find alternative providers. At the end of the day, sometimes you have to pay the price you're given.

I know - and to be honest, if the Back to Future Score were available to ship to the UK, I wouldn't be able to order it fast enough.

Another amazing score I'd love to have is the one below. As Tim said - You'll receive the Order of Lenin for this....

images.jpeg

South Thames

Fantastic -- pre-ordered! One of my biggest criteria for ordering full scores is how many 'I wonder how they scored/notated that' moments there are, and Aliens is full of those moments.

Can you say a little bit about what is involved in securing the rights to do this? I kind of assumed Tim's 'in' was the fact that he's a copyist in LA with personal connections to composers or orchestrators who can help him make the case to largely uninterested studio music departments.

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
I know - and to be honest, if the Back to Future Score were available to ship to the UK, I wouldn't be able to order it fast enough.

Another amazing score I'd love to have is the one below. As Tim said - You'll receive the Order of Lenin for this....

View attachment 38940
Another vote for the BTTF score. :cool:

Also, along with an amazing score for The Hunt for Red October, what an amazing hairpiece!

RIP Sean Connery. :sad:

Top Bottom