What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

Looks like a prepared piano bundle will be on sale for tomorrow (the 15th), while Insolidus will be coming up on Monday.
To give 8Dio some praise, the sale has been quite stable and predictable since a few days. But still the most important words are "Looks like".

I'm currently pretty certain that the gift will remain until the 16th. But will Insolidus be swapped out at the last moment? They've already done it on Day 7...

To give 8Dio some praise, the sale has been quite stable and predictable since a few days.

I agree. I also think of their free gift thing as a pretty good compromise; if they just did crazy discounts (which I imagine they could while still getting a pretty good revenue out of it) they would render their BF/Black November sales pointless for a good while.

I bought some stuff from them in November, and I'm glad I don't have to feel bitter about not waiting until December to get an even steeper discount.

The logistics of putting two big marketing efforts like these together consecutively without pissing a majority of their customers off (and at the same time generating hype) must be a head scratcher at the very least.

But still the most important words are "Looks like".

Yeah, pure speculation of course. I've been using the header at their front page as a point of reference. It has been showing the piano bundle for tomorrow for a couple of days now, while the calendar at their blog still has Insolidus for tomorrow. The blog seems less reliable to me, as it has been lagging a little behind on some occasions. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers for a Ostinato Strings/Insolidus combo tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks like a prepared piano bundle will be on sale for tomorrow (the 15th), while Insolidus will be coming up on Monday.
Now this might make me want to buy it to get the freebie. I like unusual pianos. And I already have Insolidus.

The thing you have to think about is whether the item you're buying plus the free item is worth what you would have paid if you were buying both separately and they added up to the paid item price. Or whether the buy in price is a price you would pay for the freebie and then you buy whatever to make the minimum price - you don't even have to download them.

So for me, getting prepared pianos and Ostinato strings are probably worth $148 (as in $74 each), though I probably wouldn't pay $148 for either separately.

On the main page banner it shows Insolidus for tomorrow.

If you click on the banner in the email that they send with the sale and if you check the 8dio Vlog page on their site, Insolidus is not there and for the 20th is 1990 Studio Grand.
But since 1990 Studio Grand is included in the current deal maybe these are wrong.

If you click on the banner in the email that they send with the sale and if you check the 8dio Vlog page on their site, Insolidus is not there and for the 20th is 1990 Studio Grand.
But since 1990 Studio Grand is included in the current deal maybe these are wrong.
From what i have observed is the vlog page came out first when the sale started. and the banner is updated every day.

Edit: Just noticed even the vlog page is being updated every day. So not sure which will for the next day.

Last edited:
Insoludus is the one I’m waiting for. I’m saving the rest of my budget for SFire and OT. Do the latter typically have an Xmas sale?
As far as I remember, OT doesn't have a Christmas sale. That said, they are coming out with their new player where you are supposed to be able to buy individual instruments. So who knows. To get everyone on board, they may have a sale.

Prepared piano, water percussion, sand drums, and pyrex bowls gets me free Century Ostinatos. Paid more for all than I usually would have paid, but the freebie makes it worthwhile. I actually think the sand drums might be interesting.

Plus one here. But I am having a lot of fun playing the "free series" libraries. I find that I will have to focus on building music around those sounds rather than the other way around, These products seem to glory in the sounds themselves, and make it hard to piece them together in any coherent way. I want to use some of this material, but it will take some organizational discipline on my part to do so. 8Dio specializes in sound design and creative manipulation of sound. I'm glad that they do, but I believe that you have to employ their mindset a bit when you use their more unusual offerings.

I have to agree with both of you on this. Initially, I was quite excited to learn about this giveaway series, and I'm always happy to see companies actually giving something away which was normally not free, like in this case. But I also must say that I'm rather disappointed with the libraries which were included in "On The House" thing thus far, apart from "Free Angels". Not that these are not fine products by themselves, but the vas majority of the included content isn't something I really need and I would use regularly. The old proverb about the gifted horse may likely be applied here, especially with the company such as 8dio, but I'm still hoping that they would include a couple of more traditional (read: not phrase-centered) products in this scheme. BTW, I've purchased their Oboe library which is rather nice and something I didn't have in my collection before.

I think they had a Berlin sale around this time last year. It was like 50% off.
No, NI had a 50% off sale about this time last year of OT's stuff, similar to the one they had in October. OT did a 40% off the main collections only (no expansions) around BF last year also . I was surprised there wasn't a BF sale, but then they are coming out with their new player/shop, so who knows?

Edit: I only remember all this because I picked up BWW around BF and the Arks during the subsequent NI sale.

OT did a 40% off the main collections only (no expansions) around BF last year also .

This is the sale i was referring to. I thought it was closer to Christmas time though.

Their sales seem to be pretty unpredictable. Maybe we'll see a Christmas sale this time.

This is the sale i was referring to. I thought it was closer to Christmas time though.

Their sales seem to be pretty unpredictable. Maybe we'll see a Christmas sale this time.
Yes, from what I understood they aren't big on sales, other than new product presales. But I think last year they were trying to raise extra money for their new player. My opinion only. But it does take money create things like that.

Yes, from what I understood they aren't big on sales, other than new product presales. But I think last year they were trying to raise extra money for their new player. My opinion only. But it does take money create things like that.

Probably more something like market segmentation - 5 years ago not too many consumers had machines powerful enough to run Berlin Strings, for example, so might as well charge professionals full price. Now more hobbyists are serious enough to consider OT, with a decent sale.

I suppose Majestica will be in line tomorrow. It's very special and with the Arks the field is well cultivated, but if the price is right it's worth considering.
So far there hasn't been anything in the sale that really interested me or that I don't already have.

That's actually a good price for Insolidus. I think I got it last year in the holiday sales for $298 and that was the first time I had ever seen it on sale. And you get the Ostinatos free. Great deal!

Top Bottom