What's new

6 months of our lives

Scott Cairns

I found out today that Stargate (the game Alex and I slaved over) may not be coming out, or might be put on hold;

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/08/jowoodscrapsistargatesg-1i.shtml (https://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/08/j ... g-1i.shtml)

Alex and I spoke on the phone today and we're pretty bummed....

Oh well, every composer has at least one project go down the gurgler right? :roll:

Been there too many times! It's not so bad if you've been paid but if not....... :twisted:

Bad luck man, I know it's a real bummer :cry:

That bites. Last year same thing happened on a movie I was working on with 3 other composers. When the dust settles, snap back and earnestly start looking for other opportunities - seems to be the only antidote to this kind of poison.

Thanks guys, I cant say too much yet, but all may not be lost, sorry I cant go further than that for now.

For the record, Alex and I did get paid, but we were (and are) very much anticipating the day of its worldwide release and potential exposure and work prospects.

Bad break Scott. I was quite enjoying the stuff you had posted on it. We'll cross our fingers for a fix and an eventual re-tool.

cb

Sorry to hear that Scottie :cry:

The fact that you got paid is good but the exposure is just as important, if not more.

Well, as you said, all is not lost. These people have probably already poured lots of doe in this game so I imagine they'd want it out.

Have you had a chance to play it?
Is it bad?

Hang in there bro...

Thanks for the support guys, me n Scott will just have to sit tight n see what happens now.

Hmmm,

Keep up with it Scott. I think there may be more work for you and another big paycheck down the line.

Check to see who the title gets transfered to. Keep your contract handy. Then submit your contract to the new game company as exclusive composers of the game.

The way I see it. The composer deal was made with you. If they want to fire you guys and go with different composers then they would have to break the contract or say that you didn't fulfill your requirements. Either way that's a big pain in the butt.

Seems like a stretch but a contract is a contract. And, the music contract was made with you in relation to this title. Here's were an experienced agent with good attorneys would come in really handy. :wink:

Jose

Top Bottom