What's new

2 layer sample selector which is playable over to whole keyrange

Rancine

Echograin
Hello i am quite new to Kontakt instrument building.

i would like to make an instrument where i choose samples and play them back over the whole keyboard.
i would love to have at least two layers to mix them.
what is the right approach for this?
so far i tried to give each sample its own zone and do the selection by the note selection and change the sample with a scripted knob.

on note

change_tune($EVENT_ID, ($EVENT_NOTE -60 ) * 100000, 0)
change_note($EVENT_ID, $wave01_select)

end on

unfortunately it breaks the use of other harmonization scripts.
my problem is i cant wrap my head around how i would do this for two groups? "change note" is not possible to address in event groups.
i tried to give each sample its own group. this way i would could use harmonization scripts but i cannot add a second group layer easily or at all? thought about splitting the velocity zone to use them as groups but then it uses the velocity functionality

any help or pointers highly appreciated!

Last edited:
What if you just put each sample in it’s own group, mapped however you want, and made a volume knob for each group?

If you have a lot of groups, could make switches to purge samples out of ram.

If you have a lot, a lot of samples, you could make a menu and a knob for two or however many layers you want to play at a time. The menu would list all of your sample groups. When you select a group, it loads that groups samples into ram and points the volume knob to the proper group.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom