What's new

‘Vicious Chicken of Bristol’ (FKA ‘The Third Reich’)

Effective (hate the name), but a little monotonous as a stand alone. Throw in a tutti rest or two and a modulation. Just my suggestions. Good sound overall.
thanks for the feedback, i'll have to look up what you mean by tutti rest, but I agree some modulation would work nicely.

Excuse the title, I just thought it fit the overall vibe of the track. ;)

tutti rest
I imagine that would be some section where you don't have the whole orchestra playing together :)
You have a constant bed layer of brass and percussion, and then interventions by the strings and woodwinds, so everybody is always playing.

My opinion on this: many titles would fit the overall vibe of the track, which is gloomy, intense, and with references to military music. Nothing wrong with that, there's just no need for a reference to one of the darkest periods of the modern era, music is not that figurative :)

How about a reference to a dystopia? I was easily thinking Orwell, Huxley, Bradbury, that kind of thing, when listening to your track :) I might be slightly biased, I'll admit, because my own pseudo comes from Huxley's Brave New World ;)

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I imagine that would be some section where you don't have the whole orchestra playing together :)
You have a constant bed layer of brass and percussion, and then interventions by the strings and woodwinds, so everybody is always playing.

My opinion on this: many titles would fit the overall vibe of the track, which is gloomy, intense, and with references to military music. Nothing wrong with that, there's just no need for a reference to one of the darkest periods of the modern era, music is not that figurative :)

How about a reference to a dystopia? I was easily thinking Orwell, Huxley, Bradbury, that kind of thing, when listening to your track :) I might be slightly biased, I'll admit, because my own pseudo comes from Huxley's Brave New World ;)
Understood - I’ll have a few sections with just several elements playing at once then before everything comes back in.

Oh and I’ve changed the title to something a little less offensive

thanks for the feedback, i'll have to look up what you mean by tutti rest, but I agree some modulation would work nicely.

Tutti is usually applied to all instruments playing. So a tutti rest would be no instruments playing. There can be a symphony in a silence.

Tutti is usually applied to all instruments playing. So a tutti rest would be no instruments playing. There can be a symphony in a silence.
Thanks! I've already learned a few useful lessons from this single thread - other than being wiser about choice of song titles anyway ;)

Last edited:
I'm trying to summon all my powers of imagination to associate this music with either aggressive chickens or the Third Reich. What I can say is that it sounds a bit 'automatic'. I did a piece a few decades ago using an ancient FM module called the FB01 (Google it) which I drove with a computer program that randomly selected FM instruments (timbres) to play back random phrases. There was really no *movement* in it .. and I get the same vibe here. If that's what you wanted, great.

I'm trying to summon all my powers of imagination to associate this music with either aggressive chickens or the Third Reich. What I can say is that it sounds a bit 'automatic'. I did a piece a few decades ago using an ancient FM module called the FB01 (Google it) which I drove with a computer program that randomly selected FM instruments (timbres) to play back random phrases. There was really no *movement* in it .. and I get the same vibe here. If that's what you wanted, great.

Hey thanks for the feedback...I kind of associate the Reich with soulless, autonomous, almost robotic drones, following orders without question, so I guess the ‘automatic’ nature was intentional. Whether it works or not is another matter

Top Bottom