What's new

DAW, VST and recording gear recommendation

I doubt he was talking about an exchange rate. Not that I'm suggesting or excusing pirating, but Canada is a far (far) nicer place to live and setting up a home studio probably an order of magnitude more do-able for the average citizen.

But as several of us have pointed out now, pirating really isn't necessary. There are plenty of good DAWs and the plugins to go with them that are free. I know I was amazed when I got into it and found this out.

I was just using the Canadian/US exchange rate as an example, a goofy reason to not buy software and resort to pirating. There must be composers in Iran that legitimately use PT and Cubase, he could try consulting them.

I'm from Canada and the USD exchange rate sucks, does that mean it's okay for me to pirate?
Of course not, you're from a first world country with no tyrannical dictatorship or international sanctions that forbid you to pay for products. Are you seriously comparing your situation to someone from Iran?

Perhaps you're so used to your privileged bubble that you're incapable to fathom the thought that some people out there are living under incredible hard conditions due to political reasons that have nothing to do with them.

I buy my own tools because I can and I'm against people pirating but if extreme circumstances such as political tyranny and economic pressure from developed countries to third world nations that affect innocent people and hinder their way of life get in the way of creativity I'll support breaking the rules.

I have never been to Iran, but have a few good friends that are from Iran. I don't believe it's as bad as you are conveying...but this is not a political thread. Piracy is piracy, period.

Top Bottom