What's new

Finally!!! Picture Of Silvestri's Working Space

Tino Danielzik

Hey guys,

the German filmmusic magazine "Cinema Musica" posted this photo of Alan Silvestri at his home working space, rare inside look... ;)

Attachments

• 798304_10151826547879015_384157421_o2.jpg
    798304_10151826547879015_384157421_o2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 868
I doubt that is his main workstation, more likely a secondary one.

I believe it is, here is an italian (or spanish, not sure) video (bad quality) from 2008 that shows Alan and his home, you see a bit of his working space there, could be the one you see on the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grERnlUhmRw

I think you are right that he has several workstations, but this one looks like the one he is working on most of the time, but of course it's just a guess.

What is the white control surface to the right of his hand? I have seen it in a number of studio photos.

Thanks gsilbers!
And thank you Tino for posting! I think somebody should buy Alan an iPad stand of some sort...

By no means is that his work station.

Where are the empty Coke Cans? Cups with mold in the bottom? Ash tray and the bottle of body spray!?

I seriously doubt an untreated room is his only facility.
Guys like him have one on a Plane waiting, a shitter with touch screens,
limos, mistresses workstations, etc.
Still nice to see the face of a name I have seen for decades.
Wild Bill and him are still my favs from way back when.

Why wouldn't it be his main workstation? He doesn't strike me as the VI aficionado type, fumbling around the mix to get it perfect. However he DOES strike me as the type to have a team of mixers and engineers to get the mix right for him.
He has his paper, piano, computer... the man needs nothing more. Take note.

with all that high end monitoring , im guessing thats where he does everything and then sends to the music mixer/editor.
he is in carmel by the sea with a big house. my guess thats his only rig.

It's a custom Reaper Theme.
Fruity Poops, Snooty-O-1, ShitWig, MOTU's Disastorous Performer,
Yamabergs Spubase, ProFools and Tragic 9.0 are probably really boring to folks that use a DAW on an hourly basis.

I dunno, maybe he's returning to his Synclavier roots with that system?

51GonwEQx6L._SX300_.jpg

Very nice, from one of my favourite composers.

The first time I paid attention to a film score was BTTF, so I am very grateful to Alan Silvestri for influence my career as a composer.

Everyone here is focus more (for obvious reasons) on the DAW he is using, But myself want it to peek on that handwritten score :wink:

Nice! Thanks Tino, at least I can say friends I have something in common with my beloved Alan Silvestri.

Top Bottom