What's new

Hollywood Strings little piano/string thing

dcoscina

Hollywood Strings legato celli and violins. Very basic and not tweaked at all but I still love the legatos..damn I wish I had SSD's...these load very slowly but worth the wait.

(broken link removed)

Used Pianoteq for piano.

The one thing I am happy on this demo is how you can hear the vibrato increase in the violins when they crescendo to that descending line towards the end.

Voice leading is a little funky but I only had 15 minutes to do this before I had to go on the road for my sucky day job....

Both Piano and Strings sound great.
Do the strings play bow change legato? I wonder how they would sound slurred...

Nice. Pleasant writing too.

Well, time to dust of the credit cards. It's become a must have and seems to be working better than I expected on standard systems.

Thanks Dave!

This demo was less impressive. At least in terms of the fact that it's not anything that LASS or even some other strings like CS or VSL (in the hands of an expert) can do.

I am curious to know whether this is because HS was trying to be small sounding in this mockup and it's just not suited for that intimate and delicate sound? Perhaps HS can for the most part only do the bigger hollywood sound and as such LASS is still required for that detailed intimate sound?
Just conjecture for now.

hey Dave how good are the legato repetitions? Like, how good is it if you just rock back a forth on two notes? That's stuff I like writing you see, but can't. :)

I like this one because it has a less detailed sound but still sounded intimate. The strings have a very professional sound to them.

Of course the mock has it's problems and of course the arrangement should be filled out more with div or more inner parts but given the fact that he's had it for day I thought it pretty good.

Jose

And I only had 15 minutes to bang this out
I know it is far from perfect but I still like how HS sounds

Top Bottom