What's new

What if I scored The Terminator with Hans Zimmer?

tcdlim

Hey guys,

The original Terminator franchise has always held a special place in my childhood and love for film. Reworking Brad Fiedel's iconic theme has been on my to-do list for a long time and now. With this rework, I've sought to infuse the original with a modern twist, incorporating industrial and synth elements to give it a dirtier contemporary sound.But at the heart of it all, I've aimed to stay true to the human story that makes T1 & T2 so compelling. By adding solo cello and a full symphonic orchestra, I hope to capture the essence of the original franchise while offering something new, my own take on the Terminator theme.

Looking forward to your thoughts guys!

Last edited:
The Terminator theme (especially the T2 version) is an absolute classic, and this is definitely a different take.

Whether or not it is "Hans Zimmer" is entirely subjective, but it's interesting to me how many folks equate "hit it with a hammer" as "-Hz-"... I don't personally think this is his style...

And in the spirit of fairness, please feel free to rip my recent take to shreds :)

The Terminator theme (especially the T2 version) is an absolute classic, and this is definitely a different take.

Whether or not it is "Hans Zimmer" is entirely subjective, but it's interesting to me how many folks equate "hit it with a hammer" as "-Hz-"... I don't personally think this is his style...

And in the spirit of fairness, please feel free to rip my recent take to shreds :)

Hey Craig! Yes, I admit the original title of the post is a little deceiving so I've renamed it to include my own originality as the rework was written this way (to include my HZ influences).

Definitely subjective if some musical traits would equate to HZ but it was great fun to place myself in his shoes and think about everything from a different perspective.

Love your version mans! Definitely has the heart of the whole franchise in it. I envision the lava scene at the end of T2 while listening to yours. Great stuff.

Top Bottom