What's new

"More Than A Dream" - Cinematic Piano

Great composition! I like the progression. You mentioned: "not mixed or mastered.” Why didn't? Do you need advice in that area?
I watched some videos on YT about mixing and mastering. What I noticed it's a very subtle art that needs the exact amount of balance. I was thinking of getting Joel Dollie's mixing course to help me out.

Yeah! It's often hard to pinpoint problems in our mixes, but it's also a matter of personal taste. Most libraries are really well recorded, so I prioritize volume balance. I don't think there is much to do in your track. The first minute may need more presence on the piano. The synth bass starting at 1:05 gets too loud (boomy) on my non-professional headphones. That should be obvious in a spectrum analyzer, if you can't hear it with your monitors.

The track is lovely. It's a good sign when I listen a track again and again. Congrats!

Yeah! It's often hard to pinpoint problems in our mixes, but it's also a matter of personal taste. Most libraries are really well recorded, so I prioritize volume balance. I don't think there is much to do in your track. The first minute may need more presence on the piano. The synth bass starting at 1:05 gets too loud (boomy) on my non-professional headphones. That should be obvious in a spectrum analyzer, if you can't hear it with your monitors.

The track is lovely. It's a good sign when I listen a track again and again. Congrats!
Thanks for the excellent feedback. I will certainly use this advice to enhance the track. thanks!!!

Top Bottom